Rescue Diver Class Completed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I got that same question wrong! There were 3 of us in the class that discussed it after the test and all agreed that the writers of the questions did not have a background in education. I felt several of the questions were written poorly, but that one was ridiculous.

Congrats on your rescue cert...

I think I got that same question wrong! There were 3 of us in the class that discussed it after the test and all agreed that the writers of the questions did not have a background in education. I felt several of the questions were written poorly, but that one was ridiculous.

Congrats on your rescue cert...
Even with an education background, sometimes test writers word the questions very poorly.

We call them PADI questions. I think they do that to make sure you really are reading the questions and thinking about them rather than just going through the motions.

I feel really good about it and the best news is that my fiance' took the class with me. Not to brag, but we missed exactly the same questions, so I don't feel to badly because we both knew the correct answers. I finished, with her finishing only a minute or so behind me, I flagged the instructor down and he was amazed that we were finished already... and with our scores, we impressed the heck out of him. I agree, I do not just want another card for my collection, I wanted to really get something out of it. I have a Fiji trip coming up in October and when we get back from that, we have discussed starting my DM.
The support from this board is really, really cool...

Congrats!!! I also completed the Rescue course recently. It was so much fun and as a Red Cross First Aider I was really looking forward to it. It also gives me the feeling of being more comfortable in any emergency situation. Once again well done!

Congratulations. I have also just finished rescue diver and should be finishing EFR this week. :)
I'm hoping to do DM next year.

I just got notice that my LDS is going to offer the DM in December. One of the guys in my Rescue class is interested in DM, should be awesome. This is great because I have a 10 day Fiji trip coming up in October, and this will give me enough of a SI to be mentally prepared to take it on!

Just finished EFR on Monday and am doing class and pool tonight...checkout on Saturday. What would you say was the most challenging aspect of the class? Sounds like physical exertion seems to be the main culprit. Any thoughts?

Instead of physical exertion consider maintaining organization and teamwork.

Congratulations on completing Rescue. I remember that class also, it was challenging but fun and well worth it. I'm glad I signed up for it. Take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom