Revised Question: Best place for DM course in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks and that is good advice, I'm doing my DM this June is PG with Rick and XC from Frontier Divers.

Tom

Hi,

Another strong vote for the internship route. The extra effort and hard work will pay dividends for the next steps up the ladder and also makes for a useable divemaster, not just someone with a nice pretty card.

Hard work no getting around it, but hands on real life stuff gets ground in right from the start. Doing it by the book is no subsititute for experience and the best way to get that is the intership.

The guys that did my IE (in UK) would not take IE candidates that did not do an intership. New DMs were put to work for a least 3 months before.

Its also great fun to be honest, my internship was a real pleasure, thought it would never end at times (have you ever filled 30+ tanks after a days hard graft while everyone else takes the p'ss out of you for forgetting to bleed the compressor before removing the tanks !!) but good sound standing for the future.

Hope you both enjoy it as much as i did.

Mat.

Its also great fun to be honest, my internship was a real pleasure, thought it would never end at times (have you ever filled 30+ tanks after a days hard graft while everyone else takes the p'ss out of you for forgetting to bleed the compressor before removing the tanks !!)
:shocked2:

Remember the good old days when we filled 100 tanks+ for large Turkish groups using a 2 whip Bauer Capitano.

Record was a 4am finish after a 5.30pm start, then up again at 7am.

Oh boy!!!!! ..........................

It's so difficult for me to narrow down the choices, ie. Malapasqua, Bohol and PG. I guess the best way would be to visit each one myself but it'll be expensive.

My other question would be where is the diving best based on seasonal factors as I will be there in early April.

PG is the safest bet on your list. It would cost a mint and it would eat up your time too.....call Ethei at the DIVE DOJO and see if you can go there.

Early April is good everywhere - great weather, low rainfall, tourists, etc.

Do some research on dive operators and choose one that you feel comfortable with - regardless of the location.

Dive Dojo sounds good if you want to take a serious route into the dive profession. However, sure that there are plenty of really good people i the PI's who you can train with.

It is our experience that a good operator will offer very professional training to those who are really serious about leaning the dive business (above and beyond PADI, CMAS, NAUI, etc standards).

This training/work experience will be recognised worldwide and put you head and shoulders above many who take a 'fast track' route.

As an example, I could never employ a DM with 60 dives to independantly take care of divers.

However, many take DM courses for different reasons - I understand this.

Back
Top Bottom