Rotating Buddha Hover? Possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Togalive, i see from your post at the bottom of the page that you are well trained,so i would think you would have your buoyancy down pat,is this budda move something you want to learn so you can show it to others while diving for some reason? I am new to diving and dont understand why you would want to show this move instead of enjoying a dive for what it is. Seems an odd thing to me,please explain.

What's there to explain? The person wanted to do some weird moves underwater just for the fun of it.

Sometimes I stand on my head. Sometimes I dive while looking up at the surface. Sometimes I go sideway. Sometimes I do underwater acrobatics with the sea lions. I even do an ascend feet first now and then.

You enjoy the dive your way and others enjoy their dives their way. Everybody's happy. Why ask why?

What's there to explain? The person wanted to do some weird moves underwater just for the fun of it.

Sometimes I stand on my head. Sometimes I dive while looking up at the surface. Sometimes I go sideway. Sometimes I do underwater acrobatics with the sea lions. I even do an ascend feet first now and then.

You enjoy the dive your way and others enjoy their dives their way. Everybody's happy. Why ask why?
Sorry, seems i have ruffled your feathers,wasnt my intent. Thank you for attempting to answering my question to Togadive.
I still dont get it if someone [Togadive] would like to explain. Thank You.

Togalive,after reading Roatanman,s reply and your reply back to him again my question has been answered( I think). Thanks.

It is pretty interesting to see the effects that narcosis will have on some individuals...:wink:

Togalive, i see from your post at the bottom of the page that you are well trained,so i would think you would have your buoyancy down pat,is this budda move something you want to learn so you can show it to others while diving for some reason? I am new to diving and dont understand why you would want to show this move instead of enjoying a dive for what it is. Seems an odd thing to me,please explain.

Why does everything have to have a reason? Can't things be done (in diving or not) that are just for the fun of it?

No problem :) To answer it simply, I do it as just one more way enjoy the dive! It may not seem logical at this point in your diving career, but at a point your going to be on the bottom and say to yourself "I wonder if I could do..." and a whole crop of potentially fun things to do are going to come to mind. Whether its bobbing along upside-down, doing a buddha hover, or just swimming along while looking at the surface, all of these things involve having good buoyancy control, and all of them are a great way of practicing. Its my belief that buoyancy control is not like riding a bike, if you dont practice it consciously, it will degrade to a degree IMO. In my own case, I dedicate at least one extra dive a month where I just sit on the bottom and focus on buoyancy control techniques. For me, these dives are really nice and relaxing, and I reap the benefits when on all my future dives my buoyancy is up to par. Exercises like the Lotus/Buddha are a simple and fun way to keep tabs on your buoyancy control skills during both pool dives and regular dives, along with any number of other positions (bobbing upside down for example), and at least for me they can be quite relaxing. Like most all things in diving, if its not fun, its not worth doing! Especially if you decide to move into Scientific Diving one day. After a week of dives in rough conditions where all your doing is scrambling around on the bottom, laying out transect tapes, recording pages and pages of data, and getting tossed around, you would be amazed at how much you learn to appreciate something as simple as a lotus/buddha hover! I suspect the same thing also goes for most any non-recreational diving, such as tec diving.

Keep diving, and you'll see exactly what I mean :)

Regards,

Toga

Ok,I gotcha now,thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. And I see your not the only one that practices this. Have fun. Thanks again.

Sorry, seems i have ruffled your feathers,wasnt my intent. Thank you for attempting to answering my question to Togadive.
I still dont get it if someone [Togadive] would like to explain. Thank You.

It doesn't ruffle my feathers at all.

You posted in a public forum, so expect replies from others than the person you posed the question to. Next time, I'd suggest using private messages if you don't want public responses to your queries.

Back
Top Bottom