Russian Rebreathers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
well, no, not at all... i'm not angry at the Soviets. god knows Cuba got a
good deal out of them, as long as it lasted.

i think the millions of Ukranians Stalin starved, and the millions of people in the gulags,
and the millions of lives ruined through their dictatorship probably do have a right to
be angry... but not me :wink:

i'm just saying, their consumer goods were not very good at all back in the 70's
and 80's... as i said, maybe things have changed

DA Tavarishch, ya punumyu. My Wife is Ukrainian born and raised, lived in the fallout zone of Chernoble, Hates the russians, well the commies anyway. BUT there is no denying the rock solid build of the war machine they built ZSU23-4, everything Kalashnikoff, Migs ect were always built to one up US. BUT it is very true they were not in it for beauty or flair it was all just ROCK SOLID and did it's purpose. BUT to the origional point do you want to dive a 40 year old rig that reads russian or Te punumyish paruski tavarishch?

Both Babushka, and Papushka did time in the Gulag, Baba for not lying about a teacher teaching western ideals, 10 YEARS and she was only 12, Papa for drawing a ciggi in stalan's mouth on a billboard 10 years he was 11!!!! That is how they met. Hmmmm I digressed sorry hehe

AND yes my avi is a Spetznatz Combat Diver badge, I think he is diving an IDA54 hehe. I met one when I met Unkle Igor (SBU [UKR KGB] officer) and we traded combat diver badges, well mine was my Coin but he said it was a good trade. He told me next time I come to Ukr we will go dive I will let yall know if I do I as am going there in AUG. I will compare it to the LAR V, Dreager as that is the only CC rig I have dove. 100% O2 is way cool. Couse this thread will be cold by then but hey.....

Aquadoc68:
DA Tavarishch, ya punumyu.

"yes, comrade" but the last two words i don't know :wink:

i know katushka, spasiva, das vidaya hmmm..... that's about it

that story about your grandparents is amazing... wow...

H2Andy:

i know katushka, spasiva, das vidaya hmmm..... that's about it

that story about your grandparents is amazing... wow...
Yapunyumiyu might be a better way to spell it in Eng. "Yes Comrade I understand'. Ja Her grandparents are awesome. When we met she told me how proud she was to meet a patriot like me. I told her (in tears almost) surely she is more patriotic than me to go through that and survive. Anyway again I digress.

Aquadoc:
DA Tavarishch, ya punumyu.

Da, tovarishsh, ya ponimayu = Yes, comrade, I understand

H2Andy:
i know katushka, spasiva, das vidaya hmmm.....

katyushka = a sort of multiple rocket firer
spasibo = thankyou
do svidanya = goodbye

Anthony Appleyard:
Da, tovarishsh, ya ponimayu = Yes, comrade, I understand

katyushka = a sort of multiple rocket firer
spasibo = thankyou
do svidanya = goodbye

yvidimsya na dne - see u on the bottom... :wink:

Anthony Appleyard:
And also "see you on the day".

Anthony,

Did you ever get a good answer on the amount of sorb, and duration of that Russian rig? If not, I have a friend who has several, and I can get the info from him.

Rob

Anthony Appleyard:
And also "see you on the day".
no that would be "yvidemsya na dnyax" - c u in a couple of days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom