Sad news: Carli Brucia was found dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mofosaurus.. I have no idea where you are coming from. Most people I can give the benefit of the doubt, that they are on the up and up. You, I believe are not.
Were you trying to have this thread pulled? Were you testing me? Or were you really that small minded to not be able to see what Mare was saying?
I don't know. I don't know you.
But, I do know I'm going to let your sad post stand. So others can see what you're all about and decide for themselves.
However, consider this a public warning. I will not allow another personal attack like this by you.

Carli's body was found at the Central Church of Christ in Sarasota, and they had a special service for her and her family today. Prayers have been requested for the family as they go through this time of intense mourning. I cannot fathom the gut wrenching pain her parents must be going through. I also cannot begin to understand what would motivate anyone to end another's life.

The entire staff of Scubaboard wishes to extend our condolences to those who lives have shattered by this mindless violence. You will be in our prayers.

As a parent my heart goes out to Carli's family and friends, my deepest condolences. I've been trying to hold back on this but I can't so, as far as the perp goes the penal system needs to be something more than poltically correct, the punishment needs to fit the crime, throw the bastard in general population and save the taxpayers the cost of a trial and execution

Bob3:
Boy, I sure am glad none of you "hang 'em high" types were around when my ex turned me in for murdering a couple of old ladies.

sigh... the difference between me and whoever kills a child is that while
i may FEEL like dipping him in hot oil, i know better than to DO it, and
will stand behind his right to have the charges against him proven beyond
a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

that is not the same as saying that the system we have today is incredibly
harsh and biased against victims and their families. sometimes, it feels
like going through the legal system is being assaulted and hurt all over
again.

your flippant attitude is exactly what hurts the most. if you don't care,
at least try to do no harm.

Marebythesea:
So, if making Carlie's death a "political agenda" saves another child's life,that is what needs to happen. It was because of that agenda that we have Megan's law, the Amber Alert and that Samantha’s Mom has been able to start a child safety program in Orange County.

amen to that

"as the daughter and sister and SO of men in law enforcement who have seen and felt first hand the devastation a LIBERAL judge"

you show what you are by this statement alone

FYI my sister is a sargeant with the LA County Sheriff's

would a CONSERVATIVE judge sentenced differently?

do you even know what mandatory sentencing is or federal sentencing guidelines?

mofosaurus:
you show what you are by this statement alone

oh irony...

dude, let go, it's over

H2Andy:
...sometimes, it feels
like going through the legal system is being assaulted and hurt all over
again....
This is why a huge percentage of victims of violent crime never even report it. It's what I've been seeing happen once again in the trial I mentioned earlier.

Let me state that my heart goes out to the family. One post indicated we should educate our children, as true as the statement is it is sad to have to say it. If you listened to the news, they said she was educated in this area. Unfortunately if you watched the camera, he grabbed her when she moved away from him. Unfortunately the reality of the situation is these people know how to approach children. Another post indicated our justice system failed, this I agree 100%. How many children have to die before the justice system does something about this.
The owner of the car wash should be commended for having installed the camera otherwise he would have gotten away with it.

Having lived a pretty full life, it is sad to see that this is still going on with all the media coverage.
What have we learned form previous incidents. Laws have been named after some children that should have prevented this. New Jersey has Megan's law for one and their are other states with similar laws. What did we learn from Elizabeth Smart? And the list goes on. Being a parent and a grandparent I feel deeply everytime I hear of something of this nature.

If you feel I'm out of line please delete this. Thank you for your letting me express my feelings and I'll stop here.
Just my $00.02

Back
Top Bottom