Santorini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any marine life to see? If so, what did you see? My niece is getting married there in a year, and I figure it would be a great excuse to go and dive there.

Folks,
As promised, here is a collection of footage from a few cave dives in Santorini with Navys Waterworld. Again, I had a blast with the Navys crew! The visibility was incredible (40+ feet) and the water was fairly warm for late June (we wore only slim 5MM wetsuits). Also, the topography and rock formations from the lava flows added a neat dimension to the dives. As for sea life and coral reefs -- not much to see.

YouTube - Scuba Diving in Santorini (Greece) - June 2010

In case you were curious, the filming equipment used was just a digital camera (Canon S90) with a matched underwater housing (model#WP-DC35). No strobes were used but, I didn't take many pictures; we only needed small flashlights for the cave expeditions.

For my colleagues outside of America, it’s quite possible that YouTube will block the audio to this video. Which is a shame because many of the edits were built around some specific greek music. YouTube is a bit quirky when it comes to copyright laws for music.

Enjoy!
-Ted

PS: It's quite possible that at the end of this movie, you will either LOVE the mandolin or hate it. My apologies for the 8 minute remix. :)

Well now, I'm a bit (actually a lot) jealous.I must say that Cave diving is my favourite kind of diving together with Wreck one...Now I have to go to Santorini too...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom