Scuba Diving Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love reading about diving. I get Scuba Diving, Sport Diver, Alert Diver, and Diver. I enjoy them all. These are all commercial enterprises, I keep that in mind.

Good diving (and reading), Craig

Dive Training has a 6 month free subscription if you tell them that you are a new diver. After that, it's a paid subscription. I subscribe to all 3 plus Undercurrents--undercurrent.org--you can subscribe on-line (newsletter format, not magazine, no ads, and you get a travel guide with destination/dive op descriptions written by subscribers based on real world experiences.

Thank you all for your replies.

J.R. Thanks for the link to the underwater photography web mag.

I forgot about Undercurrent. The online version is great for the up to date trip reports and the extensive archives. The print version makes for good reading, no advertisements or sponsors to confuse the issue.

Good diving, Craig

alert diver and dive training are worth reading, undercurrent is acceptable (some of their columnist are just stupid, and some reviews are from non-professional authors and are often biased purely on how his/her week long trip went). Rodales is nothing but an advertising rag, don't waste your money.

I love reading about diving, but with the exception of "Lessons for Life", I don't know that I've learned anything much from reading magazines. You do hear about destinations from reading them, but have you ever read an article that said "x" destination was a BAD place to go? If something looks intriguing, I think one is well served to get on line and read some trip reports, and find out what the parts they left OUT of the article are . . .

Quest is a magazine that actually has some truly educational articles in it, but you have to be a GUE member to get it.

alert diver and dive training are worth reading, undercurrent is acceptable (some of their columnist are just stupid, and some reviews are from non-professional authors and are often biased purely on how his/her week long trip went). Rodales is nothing but an advertising rag, don't waste your money.

Shoot!!! Earlier today I subscribed to Rodales b/c I found a year subscription for $4.94Oh well. :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom