Scuba Diving Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got an issue of Sport Diver a couple of weeks ago and was kinda surprised that it doesn't read as much like a giant padi ad as I expected, enough so you know where it comes from but not enough for it to become annoying or oppressive. Pretty good for dreaming, nice pics and good for vacation ideas.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that my local bookstore has a small (as opposed to non-existant) selection of dive magazines to choose from. :)

I am curious about something. I subscribed to a publication called "SCUBA DIVING" but it seem to be published by "fw publishers" Is this the same mag?

I also received a free six month trial subscription to Dive Training magazine when I started my OW course. But when it expired, I tried something new. (Scuba Diving) I will be returning to "Dive training". I admit I am a newbee but I found it more informative.

Right, pretty fish and coral are bad and wrecks are good, for real men. This is one of the main reasons that NJ divers are perceived as such Neanderthals. Wreck Diving Magazine is fabulous but you don't need to be condescending to the majority of divers.

Good diving, Craig

If you're into wrecks instead of just pretty fish and coral, check out Wreck Diving Magazine. By far the best dive magazine I've read. Not cheap, but worth it.
Welcome to Wreck Diving Magazine Online!

I subscribe to Rodale's Scuba Diving, Sport Diver, Alert Diver, Northeast Dive News. All are good for what they are for. The first two are basically pretty picture magazines designed to get you happy about diving. One also has a bunch of PADI adds, but surprisingly they are not that obnoxious.

Alert Diver is one of my favorites, can be very informative, but sometimes also very dry. Northeast Dive news talks about diving around here.

I used to have a subscription to Undercurrent, but it is very expensive and I found I was not reading too many articles as they were mostly resort reviews.

I had Dive Training but let my subscription lapse. It was a good magazine and I might pick it up again, but honestly how many subscriptions can you manage?

Ive read a few others over the years. Some were good, most were bad, it seems that they are all out of publication now.

Dive shows are a good place to find new magazines and get freebies.

Yes, I'm a Neanderthal because I like wrecks and I'm from NJ. From what I've seen and heard NJ divers aren't perceived as Neanderthals, quite the opposite. Being from Philly you should know that. I guess it did sound condescending, I've been to the Keys a couple of times, nice for something different, and I did enjoy it. But true wreck divers will love Wreck Diving Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom