SCUBA During public swim?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a side thought...did anyone catch sight of the fellow who used scuba to photograph the swimming competitions from below at the Olympics? Now THAT had to be cool (and I don't mean temperature-wise)!

Just a side thought...did anyone catch sight of the fellow who used scuba to photograph the swimming competitions from below at the Olympics? Now THAT had to be cool (and I don't mean temperature-wise)!

Yeah. His name was MobyCam and he was incredibly thin and really small. He kinda looks like a small torpedo. What a great body! He can't really swim well so they tow him with a thin cable along the black line in the pool. Like you, he wears a incredibly tiny scuba tank and micro bcd. :10:

Almightywife: Why would one wear a wetsuit in the pool when the water temp is around 80 degrees? I wear a Speedo. I haven't seen any bleaching on my BCD either.

A lot of pools now use saltwater, not chlorine BTW. Never really had any issues with it but then for years I lived in the lap lanes, don't bother me either way.

N

I don't think that is accurate. The majority of pools are public pools and were built when the use of chlorine was the industry standard. Many new pools are now built using other methods of cleaning/sanitation. Yet it is very costly to switch over to non-chlorine systems and in a time when public funding is extremely low pools will continue to operate using chlorine.

Just finished my DM and my wetsuits full/shorty and my Zeagle Ranger all took a hit with all the time I spent at the pool , my black BCD is now Brown and the shorty which I wore most of the time is faded.Yes I did rinse and even soak but, still shows on my gear.Chlorine was awful and this Y was only built last year wish they would have used another system, Saw some turds down there but, kept it to ourselves as if any Baby Ruths are found in the pool all pool sessions are stopped till they can clean/shock the pool nasty but, no time to reschedule training.

Almightywife: Why would one wear a wetsuit in the pool when the water temp is around 80 degrees? I wear a Speedo. I haven't seen any bleaching on my BCD either.

most people wear tees & cossies but example hubby has 2 solid days of discover scubas this weekend so he will wear a 3mm shorty because hours in the pool gets cold

dont know why the diver with the bleached suit wore his but the LDS did replace it in full - it was brand new just out of the bag and the funny thing was their was no bleaching where the bdc shoulder straps where so looked quite funny

cheers

i will mention a local ocean pool we have here, Gordons Bay.

because some male divers decided to play silly buggers and touch the female swimmers, the council ruled that in summer during daylight hours no scuba diving is allowed in the ocean pool.

if you are going to dive there with a group, i suggest you mention acceptable behaviour so a few tossers wont ruin it for everyone

cheers

bunch of perverts.........serves them right..........

I don't think that is accurate. The majority of pools are public pools and were built when the use of chlorine was the industry standard. Many new pools are now built using other methods of cleaning/sanitation. Yet it is very costly to switch over to non-chlorine systems and in a time when public funding is extremely low pools will continue to operate using chlorine.

My home pool in Phoenix was saltwater. Two of the three pools I swim in locally are saltwater. My sisters new pool is saltwater, our executive assistant has a new pool and it is saltwater. Chlorine is no bother to me, I have spent hours and hours in the lap lanes, chlorine or otherwise, don't really care.

BTW, the economic conditions are not that bad, 3% growth, I did not take out a sub prime, I am working and so are all of my friends and relatives. Employment per capita is up, public funding is not doing that badly, the money is just be spent poorly.

Lycra does not hold up in chlorine as well as nylon, not just on wetsuits but swimsuits as well, it degrades rapidly.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom