Scuba Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Training - my favorite for format and information provided.
Scuba Diving - lots of ads, but they can be fun to look at
Wreak Diver - I'm not a wreak diver, but fun to read how the other half lives!

It looks like I need to find a copy of Advanced Diver Magazine to read.

ETnScuba:
Dive Training - my favorite for format and information provided.
Scuba Diving - lots of ads, but they can be fun to look at
Wreak Diver - I'm not a wreak diver, but fun to read how the other half lives!

It looks like I need to find a copy of Advanced Diver Magazine to read.

PM me your mailing address and I'll put you on the free copy list for the next issue.

Curt Bowen

Curt's ADM is really one of the best out there if you don't get into the "me too" 1000 reef pics magazines. It's the ONLY one out there with anyone I have actually met in it!

I like Wreck Diving Mag, cause that's my thing.

I read Dive Training because it's free, but I wouldn't pay money for it.

If there are other mags out there that deal with caving or wreck diving PLEASE let me know what they are. I'd love to see them. That is beside the NACD mag. I need to start getting those.

mike_s:
(Florida) Scuba News - nice smaller magazine that has stories, articles, and advertisements from more 'local' shops. Most of them are based in Florida as it used to be called Florida Scuba News, but they are expanding now and have dropped Florida from the name. It's more grass roots, but still a good magazine. Free at many dive shops.

what are you doing reading a FL scuba magazine? go back to quarry diving you AL bum!

Undercurrent Online is well worth the money.

Space has become a premium for me. So although I like Dive Training I'm going to let the subscription lapse. I emailed them to see if they were going to either do an online version, or at least publish back issues on disc. No response.

Scuba Diving magazine for me....I'm not much the magazine reader so it becomes bathroom reading material when it arrives....:wink:

You can also get Sport Diver at Borders or Barnes/Noble if you're not PADI. Although imho they're a little too positive when reviewing PADI diveops - I guess it's to be expected.

photohikedive:
what are you doing reading a FL scuba magazine? go back to quarry diving you AL bum!

Well it's not like there are any good "Quarry magazines" out there...

Divmster223:
Scuba Diving magazine for me....I'm not much the magazine reader so it becomes bathroom reading material when it arrives....

Bathroom reading material. I think that sums up Scuba DIving Magazine quite well.

I have to agree with a previous poster.....

I don't pay for many of the magazines I do get, because they are from cover to cover, topical destination ads. That or they are pushing the latest greatest gizmo that you don't need, but some company says you do.

ADM is a well laid out, well written magazine. Wreck diver is as well. Unfortunately not too many articles about less glamorous sites seem to make the pages of the bookstore magazines. As Mike_Stinky pointed out, there is NO quarry magazine.

Actually, that is what lead me to SB. This is my favorite magazine. You guys are my favorite authors and photographers. I can come here and read reports on dive locations that no magazine would ever touch. Gear reviews, and ideas that would never grace the pages of Scuba Diver, because the people making that gear aren't advertising in the back of the magazine.

ok, rant over, you back about your business

Back
Top Bottom