Scuba Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver:
Curt:

Why don't you just sell Online Subscriptions? I, and I suspect many others, just don't have enough space to store all the back issues. So, having the mag online would allow readers to have it and not have to store back issues.

I'm getting ready to cancel my subscription to Dive Training because they apparently won't go the online route.

You can buy the magazine on-line as a pdf through the members section

Diver: the Canadian Magazine of Scuba Diving www.divermag.com

And

Diver: Britain's Best Selling Diving Magazine wwwdivernet.com

Both magazines cover lots of cold water (and some warm water) stuff:equipment, dive sites, and techniques.

Diver:Canadian has local info for the Great Lakes and is published by Phil Nuytten, underwater explorer and inventor of the Newt Suit, a one-atmosphere deep water suit.

Diver:UK has lots of wreck-specific information, great gear reviews ("Regulator Test: Suprises in our 50m comparison), a non-North American diving perspective and a sometimes twisted sense of humour:eyebrow:

Kind of surprised that Undercurrent (paper and online) is not mentioned more often. Great info on diving and dive locations.

Guess people don't want a dive mag with no pictures and no adds.

Curt Bowen:
You can buy the magazine on-line as a pdf through the members section

Thanks Curt. I've read your magazine once. Would like to read it more often but the stores in my part of the world don't carry it.

Get a deal on it? :)

I like the technical aspects of sport diver and always buy it first cos i suppose padi sent me 2 free copies when i completed my courses so i'm used to reading it. However, DIVER seems to have a lot more about wildlife and stuff and i like to read that too.

I noticed that SPort Diver (which is my fave) never ever mentions anything about the Bahamas, anyone know why?

NO ads in there for Bahamas operations either. Odd.

mike_s:
I'm glad that you like Sport Diver, but I'd have to say I never considered it a 'technical' diver type magazine.

I'd say it's more of a "propagands" magazine to push the "padi way".

Different Sport Diver. The UK one is also affiliated to PADI and is called Sport Diver, but there is no other connection between the two mags, and it has a 'technical' section. I know because I edit it!

Mark

The Publisher finally responded to my emails. No plans to extend to either Online or CD. From the amount of time it took to respond I have the impression that we divers aren't the customers, dive shops are.

I don't have room for all that paper and I don't have time to clip the few pages that are worth keeping. So....

Too bad they aren't in the modern generation.

Bye, Bye Dive Training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom