Scuba Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Diving - I like the ads, kinda gives me ideas on dive vacation spots. I enjoy the product reports, again it offers ideas on options. I doubt if anyone bases a decision to purchase based on the ads or reports but they do offer insights and options.
Dive Training - Good magazine with practical features for the average diver. I feel devoted to them because they gave me a 6 month free subscription just because I called to ask where could I pick up a copy. (It seems the bookstores in New Orleans do not have any available but they do sell surfing magazines,, go figure)
Online, I like www.Scubaboard.com

We read Scuba Diving a lot but mainly for trip ideas. The product reviews are a bit biased.

The british magazine Diver has better equipment reviews but is hard to find.

Sport Diver is basically pimping for PADI, but once you are aware of that it is not a lot different from Scuba Diving.

We subscribe to Undercurrent, which has excellent articles on safety and equipment problems. Also, they have the only unbiased reviews of dive operations I know of.

Another magazine we read is Fathoms. THis magazine doesn't discuss equipment or diving techniques, but has brilliant photography and stories from great divers. It's pricey but I recommend checking it out.

Wow- I didn't realise how old this thread was- but I like it.

I subscribed to two magazines for a while- I think it was Rodale's and some other one. But I kept being disappointed by the flashy ads and the surveys that always included "favorite bar" or "favorite drink." Maybe I'm a liquor-snob, but I just don't think that's appropriate. I mean, I guess on your last day or in-between days. But I only know one diver who is a drunk/druggie and I won't dive with him. Most everyone else I know is an occasional drinker or non-drinker. That stuff turned me off- but I liked the pretty pictures.

Of course, I bought frame-able pretty pictures from www.oahuscubadivers.com and they are amazing! Why take them myself when I can frame these for a lot cheaper than buying my own camera setup and trying to figure out how to keep my fins out of the frame...

I like DT mag because it's free and it's simple. Oh, and, mike_s, I believe Dive Training IS the quarry magazine... they seem to always have a feature on an inland quarry or lake somewhere in the US. That's what I like. All you tropical divers get all the glory!

Have you checked out Scuba Sport Magazine yet? It is written for the recreational diver, isn't loaded down with ads and features stories written in a conversational style that we can all relate to. You can see a couple digital versions of the print magazine on its website. www.scubasportmag.com.

Best of all, it's only $9.99 a year to subscribe!

Have you checked out Scuba Sport Magazine yet? It is written for the recreational diver, isn't loaded down with ads and features stories written in a conversational style that we can all relate to. You can see a couple digital versions of the print magazine on its website. www.scubasportmag.com.

Best of all, it's only $9.99 a year to subscribe!
Glad to hear about the debut of your magazine, Joe Froelich. It is your magazine, is it not? It's hard to tell, based on your recent posts:

There is a new one out there called Scuba Sport. It seems to really cater to the recreational diver.
www.scubasportmag.com. I hear the subscription is only $9.99 for a year.

So, do you hear what the subscription rate is, or did you set the subscription rate? Does it seem to cater to the recreational diver, or is that who you are targeting? Please don't insult our intelligence with thinly disguised spam to promote your magazine, it's a little sleazy. Take ownership; presumably you're proud of your work. Put a link in your signature, post an honest announcement in the appropriate forum, and some of us will probably take a look.

I agree, Vlad.

I find nothing wrong with promoting oneself. Just be clear about it.

I looked for the mag at Barnes and Noble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom