Scubapro Ladyhawk BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RBachman:
After spending that much on a high end BC they should have really bent over to help resolve the issue. Can you make the buckles slip by just tugging on them? If so and the LDS is still saying it'll grab when wet just ask them to soak it for you and then try it. If it slips then ask for a refund. Where are you located?

I agree with RB ... if this is their idea of customer service right after the sale, I'd be getting a refund and looking for a new dive shop. Look for a LDS that will back up their products and treat their customers with respect.

Case in point - my Zeagle Zena changed color on one side of the vest after about a year. I figured I'd mention it to my LDS, but get blown off as there was no defect to hinder diving. I was wrong. They immediately called Zeagle, who wanted both sides shipped to them. They determined a defect in the dye and replaced the entire front, at no cost to me. Great customer service from both the LDS & the manufacterer - and that after a full year. Benefit to them - I'll happily refer people to the LDS, and to Zeagle.....

mahoneme:
I am going to call Scubapro directly and see what they have to say.

Having dealt with ScubaPro (thousands of years aog but still...) they will ask if you have spoken to the owner of the shop first. If that's who gave you the run-around, then do contact SP.

I had a non-SP technician service my reg (I turned it in for annual at the shop where I bought it, then took it several states away to dive and had numerous problems--turns out the tech wasn't SP certified but wanted to do me a "favor" since he knew I needed it back quickly. He left out a part he didn't know what to do with!)

SP fully supported the shop in my case. Told me I should have talked to the owner, which I had but all he said was sorry and re-serviced it. Nothing ever came of it.

Robin

I spoke with the new owner. His attitude was horrible. I almost felt like he was trying to get me out of the shop. The former owner (and the guy who sold me the bc) came in as I was getting a little frustrated, and the new owner's attitude started to change. He took my name and phone number and told me he would call Scubapro because he was now "curious" about the problem I was having. He just kept saying that nothing like this had ever happened to anyone and that it must have been my fault. I also found out they gave me the wrong serial number for my regulator. I bought an MK16/R550, but they had to put it together because the only one they had was the MK16/380. I can't imagine what I'm going to have to go through to get the correct serial number in order to register my reg.

BTW, I am located in South Florida.

Thank you all!

Just in case you need it, I'm not sure where in Florida you are, but the SP rep for my area (Gainesville- but I think he may be all of Florida) is David Rhea. Talk to him if you need to get in touch with someone directly. He should be able to help you.

scubajenn:
Just in case you need it, I'm not sure where in Florida you are, but the SP rep for my area (Gainesville- but I think he may be all of Florida) is David Rhea. Talk to him if you need to get in touch with someone directly. He should be able to help you.
I am in the Fort Lauderdale area. Do you happen to have his contact info? You can send me a private message if you want.

Thanks a lot!

I have a Scubapro LadyHawk BC and I did not have any problems at the dive shop with the straps and I have not noticed them getting loose when I am in the water but when I go to take it off and loosen the straps I have noticed that the right shoulder is already loose. It does not bother me when diving so far and I love my BC so I guess its OK.

:1poke:

SCDivers:
I have a Scubapro LadyHawk BC and I did not have any problems at the dive shop with the straps and I have not noticed them getting loose when I am in the water but when I go to take it off and loosen the straps I have noticed that the right shoulder is already loose. It does not bother me when diving so far and I love my BC so I guess its OK.

:1poke:

I'm going to see what happens next time I use it (hopefully this weekend :wink: ) If the same thing happens, then I might have to call ScubaPro directly...

I have had the Ladyhawk since Dec 2003. I have not noticed any similar problem. I like mine. Hope you get this resolved. It can be frustrating. Just remember, the squeaky wheel...

Good Luck.

I don't have David's contact information with me as I'm in NC right now on internship, but if you need it, send me a private message and I'll get in touch with a friend of mine who has his contact info and get it to you ASAP. Hope your BC works for ya this weekend.

Well, I finally got all the answers I needed from my LDS. It was amazing to see the change in attitude from the owner after he finally agreed to call ScubaPro directly and confirm that I wasn't making stuff up.

Apparently, ScubaPro has been having issues with the straps of this particular BC. The owner of the LDS told me to bring the BC in and he would ship it to ScubaPro and they would replace the buckles. He said it would take approx 4 weeks to get it back :icosm11:

He also figured out that I wasn't able to register my regulator because somebody else had used the serial number "by mistake". ScubaPro had to reset it so that I could register my stuff.

I wish this guy hadn't given me such an attitude when I first went to talk to him about my issues because the shop is pretty cool. I will definitely think twice before I purchase something from them again though.

Back
Top Bottom