Scubapro Ladyhawk BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahoneme:
I wish this guy hadn't given me such an attitude when I first went to talk to him about my issues because the shop is pretty cool. I will definitely think twice before I purchase something from them again though.

It is my impression that Scubapro treats you pretty good once they have your money. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case for some LDS's. Some are so used to knowing more than the customer that they think they always do. You might want to tell the owner how disappointed you are with their service & see what they have to offer. It should give you a better idea of whether you need to go looking for a new LDS or not.

awap:
It is my impression that Scubapro treats you pretty good once they have your money. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case for some LDS's. Some are so used to knowing more than the customer that they think they always do. You might want to tell the owner how disappointed you are with their service & see what they have to offer. It should give you a better idea of whether you need to go looking for a new LDS or not.

How true! I've been associated with shops like that in the past and you have to cut them loose! Thankfully my current LDS is GREAT and everyone is treated very well there. As for your situation, always remember that when "push comes to shove" they want (need) your money more than you (or they) need that gear.

(This is good to remember when buying cars too...they want your money more than you want that car!).

I don't know how I stumbled on this thread, but I'm glad that I did. I didn't realize that this problem was something with the model.

I too have a new LadyHawk (2003), and have had that problem with one of the straps. I've just gotten used to it happening and typically just wait till I'm in the water to tighten the strap.

Thanks for the info that SP recognizes this problem. And other than the loose strap I really am happy with the LH.

mahoneme:
Apparently, ScubaPro has been having issues with the straps of this particular BC. The owner of the LDS told me to bring the BC in and he would ship it to ScubaPro and they would replace the buckles. He said it would take approx 4 weeks to get it back :icosm11:

I just got back from my first dive (OW Cert trip) w/ my new LadyHawk. I had the same problem w/ the right shoulder strap and the sternum strap both coming loose, even under water. My instructor's wife on shore noticed the BC was "sitting crooked" on my body while I was diving in it.

I'm printing out your post to take to my LDS. If this happens on my second dive next weekend, back to Scuba Pro it will go. Looks like they need to do a "recall" if they know this is a widespread problem. The only thing is, I need it back for my week in Bonair in mid-Sept.

BTW, did you get the Air2? If so, are your buttons "stiff" and hard to depress w/ your left hand? :eyebrow: I need to use my right hand to inflate AND deflate. I may want to switch out to an OCTO unless others tell me these stiff buttons are a function of the Air2's "newness".

AnemoneJane:
.................BTW, did you get the Air2? If so, are your buttons "stiff" and hard to depress w/ your left hand? :eyebrow: I need to use my right hand to inflate AND deflate. I may want to switch out to an OCTO unless others tell me these stiff buttons are a function of the Air2's "newness".

I have a mens Knighthawk with the AIR-2 also and had the same concerns. The AIR-2 seems to be loosening up a bit as I use it. At the moment I no longer notice that the buttons are stiff. Unfortunately I did notice that the straps are begining to slip a bit....not bad, but enough to cause me a bit of discomfort knowing what I paid for a high end BC.

I'm going to stop by the LDS today and see what they have to say about this. If I learn anything new I'll post my findings here later today.

I got the Air-2. To be honest with you, I didn't notice a problem with the buttons. I wish you had posted your message before I shipped my bc to scubapro to make sure everything is taken care of while they have it there. My LDS offered a free (rental) bc while mine is being fixed. You may want to find out if you can get a "loaner" while your's is being serviced.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with ScubaPro directly? My LDS has not been helpful at all. They haven't even taken the time to ship my BC to ScubaPro and I'm getting really stupid excuses, from not having a box to ship it, to the fact that it's mini-season and they haven't had the time to ship it. I'm picking up my BC and either sending it directly to ScubaPro, or finding a friendlier, more helpful LDS...

Any suggestions???

mahoneme:
Has anyone had any experience dealing with ScubaPro directly? My LDS has not been helpful at all. They haven't even taken the time to ship my BC to ScubaPro and I'm getting really stupid excuses, from not having a box to ship it, to the fact that it's mini-season and they haven't had the time to ship it. I'm picking up my BC and either sending it directly to ScubaPro, or finding a friendlier, more helpful LDS...

Any suggestions???

It is my impression that SP prefers to deal thru an LDS rather than directly with the customer. I suggest you ride these guys out a bit. Keep after them but keep it pleasant. Perhaps you should suggest that they should give you free air along with that loaner to compensate for the inconvience. It might not hurry anybody up that much but at least it would give an upside to the dealys.

mahoneme:
I got the Air-2. To be honest with you, I didn't notice a problem with the buttons. I wish you had posted your message before I shipped my bc to scubapro to make sure everything is taken care of while they have it there. My LDS offered a free (rental) bc while mine is being fixed. You may want to find out if you can get a "loaner" while your's is being serviced.

I had coincidentally placed a call to ScubaPro regarding their rebates on my brand new Regulator ($50) and the Air2 ($25), and the guy called me back today.

I bent his ear on the two issues I'm having:
1. The slipping straps on my LadyHawk (he said to have my LDS send back the BC and they'd replace the buckles. He also admitted there had been some "problems" with some of the straps).
2. The "stiff" buttons on the Air2 (he said they'd service that as well while they had the BC in for buckle replacement. He also said if I did not like it, I should consider a different option for inflation of the BC...so true).

He was nice enough to say the LDS can request a "rush service" since I need the BC by mid September for Bonaire. He indicated their time "in shop" was just a few days, plus the addition of shipping time both ways.

All in all, it was a fairly satisfying conversation w/ ScubaPro. :clapping: I'm going to visit my LDS tomorrow night to see what they say regarding my sticky Air2 buttons, then go on another OW dive NEXT weekend w/ my BC/Air2 to double-check the problems, :scubadive: and then most likely return the BC to Scuba Pro for repair.

Back
Top Bottom