Scubapro Ladyhawk BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you very much for your feedback. The funny thing is that I work for a shipping company and I could get my BC overnighted to Scuba Pro. When I mentioned this to my LDS, the guy said "great, you could probably get a better rate than I can, so I'll give you the paperwork you need to send your BC to ScubaPro"

mahoneme:
Thank you very much for your feedback. The funny thing is that I work for a shipping company and I could get my BC overnighted to Scuba Pro. When I mentioned this to my LDS, the guy said "great, you could probably get a better rate than I can, so I'll give you the paperwork you need to send your BC to ScubaPro"

If you do send the BC to SP yourself, write a letter to include with your BC with the RMA number on it AND tell SP all the problems you had with their product/LDS. SP are VERY interested in this problem and they send a message out to all the dealers alerting them to this problem earlier this year.

Include a note about your reg also.

It would do no harm and might get you better service at your LDS after SP kick their butts.

SP might also offer some kind of compensation for your trouble but you have to ASK first! A lost customer makes you no money.

By the way a RMA (Return Merchendise Authorisation) code MUST be obtained before SP will accept ANYTHING back. The LDS must give you this number.

Just my 2 psi worth.

Have a great dive.

Thank you very much for all the information. I just didn't think this was going to be so difficult :shakehead

do not ride SP on this issue it will delay your turn around time, simply write them a nice but short letter and let them know that your local authorised dealer is probably the reason why people opt to buy SP on the internet, and make sure you make this letter out to SCUBAPRO TECH. SERVICE/QUALATY CONTROL MANAGER. Know let me give you the quick fix, if you must dive with this unit this verry moment. mark the area on adjustment strap where the final resting place for the buckle is going to be once you adjust it to your snug fit. then take a piece of tape put it one inch below and one inch above the marking this adds thickness to the strap (again,only if you must dive at this verry moment) other wise send it to SP

This is interesting I just got back from Key Largo and I am having the same strap slippage problem with my LadyHawk. Could someone with the contact info for Scubapro people in NC PM me? I could not figure out why the straps kept coming loose, I adjusted them way too many times while underwater. They loosen far too easily while swimming or moving about.
Thx,
--alli

Hello. I'm looking to buy my first BC (always been a renter), and I was liking the LadyHawk until I read all this slippage stuff. Anybody else in love with a different BC that's built for a woman?

I believe this problem has been fixed, and all new Ladyhawks come with a different strap or buckle. ask your local dive shop

is a matter of when the unit was manufactured, if the unit is build today. it probably wont make it to your dive shop for another 4 to 5 months call SP ASK THEM WHEN THE NEW STRAP OR BUCKLE WERE RE-CONFIGURED, then check the warning label on back of the BCD it will give you the date it was born.(manufactured)

CHICHO:
I believe this problem has been fixed, and all new Ladyhawks come with a different strap or buckle. ask your local dive shop

So how many do you think would say "No, all we have are the models with the slipping strap problem. Why don't you check with the seaQuest dealer across the street."

Back
Top Bottom