scubapro mk25 turret up or down...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am running into some similar issues mentioned here. I am not so much concerned about turret up or down, but how to route a long hose with the turret down. Currently my hoses make it hard to attach the regulator to the tank, and they interfere with the top part of the wing. Looking for some suggestions on how to improve them.

We always mount with the turret down. It places the hoses in a little better anatomic position and definitely helps to decrease the possibility of being a head banger.
I have a separate thread with regards to head space, turret up would make it even worse, so this is in part why I choose turret down.

This is more or less how I have my regulators configured, as I read that most people use the bottom LP port for their long hose since it routes really well. However, the addition of a dry suit hose makes this very hard. It sticks out directly into, and rubs on, the valve handwheel. The other LP port is completely useless as points directly at the valve base (image attached). Has anyone found a better way to do this?

I think you have it right. That’s part of the reason I don’t tilt mine - it jams up the hoses on the other side.
Do you run a long hose in this configuration (5’ or 7’)? If so I’m very interested in your experience. This is how I have the wife’s regulators set up (standard manufacturer lengths), but I haven’t tried it with my long hose. Most things I read preach turret tilted with long hose on the bottom port like the image in Rayk’s post.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 23
I am running into some similar issues mentioned here. I am not so much concerned about turret up or down, but how to route a long hose with the turret down. Currently my hoses make it hard to attach the regulator to the tank, and they interfere with the top part of the wing. Looking for some suggestions on how to improve them.

I have a separate thread with regards to head space, turret up would make it even worse, so this is in part why I choose turret down.

This is more or less how I have my regulators configured, as I read that most people use the bottom LP port for their long hose since it routes really well. However, the addition of a dry suit hose makes this very hard. It sticks out directly into, and rubs on, the valve handwheel. The other LP port is completely useless as points directly at the valve base (image attached). Has anyone found a better way to do this?

Do you run a long hose in this configuration (5’ or 7’)? If so I’m very interested in your experience. This is how I have the wife’s regulators set up (standard manufacturer lengths), but I haven’t tried it with my long hose. Most things I read preach turret tilted with long hose on the bottom port like the image in Rayk’s post.
For years I used a swivel on the drysuit hose to route it comfortably. The bottom port is best used for the long hose IMO.

However, the addition of a dry suit hose makes this very hard. It sticks out directly into, and rubs on, the valve handwheel.
I run my suit hose under the left arm (wing inflator is also on the left side of the turret). I would also put the transmitter on the other/lower side for more protection and less clutter/confusion when reaching for the valve handwheel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom