ScubaPro vs. everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Matt
The US Navy in the last year selected 12 new regulator systems to go with. 10 were various poseidon combinations, and the other 2 regs had poseidon first stages. The Navy had their pick of everyone and has always been under contract with US Divers who is the distributor for Apex. They chose to go elsewhere for regs this year. Just a little peice of information for you all.

Thanks,

So where did they go, Matt? Enlighten us some more.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had my ScubaPro MK 10/G250 for 15 years I have been using it, on weekly basis ,since I live and work in Egypt and never had ir serviced except soaking it every 2 or 3 years in white vinegar and never had a problem with it! So if the other guy sounds like a ScubaPro salesman, be it, the bottom line is, IT WORKS and it beats any other Reg that I have used in many years of serious diving.

Hey Matt,
You are right on!!! I agree with the way you use a period at the end of your sentence. That's about all I agree with. 800 dives a year, that beats me out by a couple hundred. I'm very impressed. Do you have a pee valve? you sound tough enough to hold it, or just let it run down your leg

All in good fun Texas Mike

Cheers

The strength of this forum is the ability of all to express their opinions. One thing that I just wanted to stress is that ALL regulators need to be serviced regularly otherwise the brand ain't matter when it does not perform at its best. Just my 2 c. I do however LOVE my 3 scubapro regulators especially the MK20/G250 DIN.:jester:

Reply to Diving Doc: They switched from USD to Poseidon. Thats it. The first time I've heard of that happening!

Glad to see all of the Scubapro Patrons are starting to show their true colours! If a regulator is still the best like the MK10/G250 10 years later what does that tell you?? Where are the other regs that were out at that time? People have traded up to Scubapro's by now! I sound like a sales rep because I believe in the BEST, and I dive the BEST. Scubapro has never froze up on me, exploded on me, freeflowed on me, or even had a problem with the swivel! While there aren't too many poor regulators on the market there are a lot that don't perform well.

Dive Sherpa: I have a Balanced Discharge P valve from E.E. The couple of hourse I've spent holding it could cause serious problems for me and may affect my ability to have kids. P valve's are good. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of having P running down my leg. Oh well, some guys get off on that I guess!

My 800 dives are career, not yearly, I'm trying to be reasonable don't spoil it! No one dives that much not even G.I. I log 200-300 dives per year. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Another Diver I know had sold off his TX50 and upgraded to the Mares MR22 Ruby. It doesn't breath as good as the Scuba Pro S600, G250, S550 or any of the top Scubapro's but when I asked why he got rid of the Apex?? "I got bored of the way it breaths" was the answer. Like G.I. it hasn't been serviced in 3 years!

Apex is also discontinuing the TX50 this year and coming out with the new and improved ATX50. Lighter, Smaller, same performer. Thats why a lot of people are dumping them cheap right now. The new one boasts the same performance at a more premium price.

So in closing, I still believe that Scubapro is the Best. Poseidon is excellent, and the New Abyss Explorer Regulator is the Best of both worlds as well w/Poseidon 1st and G250/Kirby Morgan 2nd Stage. Apex is good but I would like to hear peoples oppinions who've dove Apex and Scubapro, and not just going on hearsay.

Till next time be good!

:whack:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom