ScubaPro vs. everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MODERATOR MODE ON

Some good discussion here, but we need to bring the tone back down just a bit.

Matt, you're comming off just a bit too forceful. Your info is good, but your presentation is approaching low "flame" level.

Pug and Yoop...your assistance and calmness in keeping things cool is appreciated as always.

MODERATOR MODE TO STANDBY

I used to dive a Mares V12 and loved it.

I replaced it for only 1 reason: the titanium core. I got into nitrox diving and found out about the problems with high O2 content causing pitting on titanium parts.

As I was interested in getting more into deeper "tech" diving, my dive shop reccomended the TX100 so I got 2 of them.

Since noone knew that titanium would be a problem when I bought the reg the shop gave me most of the price I paid for it in store credit (about 2 years later) towords the Apeks regs and now uses my old one as one of their rentals (for air only)...

So far I really like the TX100s and havn't noticed any major difference or improvement over my old V12 BUT I never took the V12 below about 120 fsw or used both on a single dive for comparison either so I can't really compare them under the higher pressures.

The only regs I have ever seen have problems were some new Cressi that were being used for deco bottles and they had lots if issues though I'm not sure that was ALL the regs fault... There was some debate as to just how much operator error was involved.

I'd like to get some Apeks "deco" regs (the ones with only 2 ports - 1 HP, 1 LP) for deco/stage bottles but haven't been able to find any in the US. My LDS thinks they may not be selling them in the US only because of our insanely overkill liability laws (and the juries that award ridiculous amounts under them) as they are rated up to 100% O2.

Anyone in the UK willing to pick up a pair of the deco regs and ship em to me or know of a shop over there willing to ship to the US as that may be the only way to get them here? My LDS said that they have a contract with USDivers as the distributor for Apeks that prevents them from selling Apeks gotten from any other source than USDivers. Since USDivers apparently is not planning to carry those regs (that may or may not change) it looks like I must begin exploring other options if I really want em.

I don't know why I got in trouble from "Texas Mike", it must be that I don't like the OMS wings either, because Warren, your attitude is way more childish than mine.

You also failed to mention if you have actually tried diving your reg since I asked you if you were turning the VIVA off? With the reg out of the mouth it will not freeflow. I've tried it.

Don't get snarky with me because my 800 "pool" dives were scarry man. The 100+ feet of viz and 80 degree temperature have been some of the toughest diving conditions that I've ever had to put up with!

Diving with a DUI drysuit and underwear I've almost had Hyperthermia 800 times now. I can't wait until I can dive in somewhere cooler. Maybe we can hook up once I pass my openwaters???

If you want to see my dive experience check out Voodoogas divers because I've done most of the same sites a few more times. Its under the wreck section, and add some great cave systems to that too and thats pretty much me.

Enjoy

And Texas Mike its all cool! I'll be a good boy!

:whack:

Aight, you think I'm childish. *shrug* Give it up already... no one's listening.

And uh, I'm rather sure you haven't tried my particular reg. With the VIVA on min, it freeflows easily. With the VIVA on max, it freeflows 10% more easily. The reg is not properly tuned. I need to tune the reg. This is not a difficult concept for either of us. It is not operator error. Please let it go.

- Warren

Warren,

The reg sounds like it needs to be kicked down a notch or check for vacum in the second stage, i'm a service tech for scubapro
Give that a try first, if you lay your finger on the purge and without any pressure does it purge really easily?? There is a chamber adjust on the second stage that will increase spring tention!! You will need the scubapro mult tool and experience to adjust it. Your shop should do this for ya free of charge!!!

Good luck. A porche needs to tuned by hand:D

NINJA:ninja:

I just had to throw in my two bits,

I have a MK200 and a G200 that have served me well for close to ten years. If I bump the reg hard enough it will free flow. All I have to do to get it to quit is bump it again. I hope to be retiring them both soon and moving on in the world. The first stage only has 4 ports and I may want to try diving dry some day.

My new regs probably won't be Apeks.... I like the less traveled road...

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom