ScubaPro vs. everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren:

You won't listen to me because you think I'm a salesman. Guess what??

I have more time underwater in the last few years than most people on this scubaboard combined! I've got close to 800 dives dives. I do every type of diving from wreck to cave, deep air, trimix, even dabbled a bit with rebreathers. I am an Instructor for every recreational level, and almost every technical level. You're damn right I'm a salesman. I have to be. I need to know MORE about gear and what works than Anyone!

You have a reg that obviously wasn't checked by your diveshop. AS part of the service they should've bench tested the regulator. Its clear that the demand lever is set up too high and that will make it freeflow.

I am also an authorized repair technician for all brands of equipment. Apex included!

You know what? Stop listening to your DM friend, and start actually getting off your butt and learning something for yourself!

This is the only way to learn about gear. I joined scuabboard because I love reading about people just like you who are easily influenced by what they read.

If your diveshop was any good they would have ALL models they sell in rental as my diveshop here does. I've dove EVERY regulator in the industry over the last 5 years and I've done my own independant tests, haven't listened to what people, and since I've done that I see alot of the other Instructors teaching technical courses with Scubapro. I have even got the core group of divers I dive with taking all the regs to obscene depths and playing with them too! Its great.

Part of learning about divegear is trusting what your local diveshop has to say! They (usually) know more than you and most of the other people here (If they do their homework and are good hearted people).

If you Look on the TDI Canada Webpage you'll see a list of instructors. All of the top rated one's are using Scubapro or Poseidon. What does that tell you?

Most of them are using Mark 20/D400 because they have the BEST first stage configuration. The MK20 has a swivel (Oops! Bad word my a$$!) with low pressure ports around the whole swivel, and one off the top of the reg. High pressure ports are grounded and sit on the bottom of the reg. It can be angle where it is more streamlined than anyone elses first stage. The hoses won't interfere with anything. Dual MK20's is a divers wet dream!

The next closest would be the Poseidon or DS4. But with these first stages you are extremely limited in what goes where.

I know of several divers around that bought Apex reg's and have since sold them because they were wet breathing (TX100), or weren't as good as they thought they would be. They were told to move the Scubapro over to the left side of their post, and when they were on the dive switched from Scubapro to Apex, and sold the Apex reg's!

Honest to God Story! Thats happend twice now!

So for you to say that I'm just a salesman just breaks my heart because you're way worse than that. You're clueless.

:boom:

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Matt,

Good lord -- why did you bother typing all that? I already told you I wasn't going to listen to a word you said.

I did, however, catch the last line...

You're clueless.

I guess you need to go back to salesman school.

- Warren

Matt....

You have gained a tremendous amount of admiration and respect from all of us on this forum by your glorious accomplishments that you have told us about.... not to mention your recounting of all your experience in everything.... and how adored you are by everyone in your core group!!

That extra touch of telling us how clueless we all are has really humbled us before your majesty and we are so awed that you would even stoop to visit us here on ScubaBoard and amuse yourself with our lowly stupidity....

But to think that you have gone so far as to bless us with your words of wisdom is beyond anything we could have hoped for...

:p

Matt,Oh No....not another reject from Techdiver.I'll counter by saying my dad can kick your dad's behind.And all this from a mere rec diver that dives 200 times a year.P.S. look at the profiles before out-spouting .There are people on this board that fart as much time underwater as you dive.There are probly some that wrote the curriculum that you're teaching.Thanx for sharin' tho:wink:

Ok, so the replies intruiged me so much I went back and read Matt's post... and it definitely does sound like he's taken a few lessons from Trey. Schweet. Like I don't get enough of Trey's hostile, paranoid, and pathetic emails clogging up my inbox every day.

*shrug* Some people never get it. I'm still planning on double Apex DS4/TX100's on my twins, and the MK16/S550 for rec dives and stage/deco's. Sounds good to me. :D

- Warren

Matt,

Giving advice is kind of like having sex.....

You can be thoughtful, gentle and kind and have the person on the receiving end (and thus you) enjoy the experience...

....or you can forcefully attempt to impose your will on others and have them never want to be on the receiving end of what you're giving them again.

-LD

Originally posted by large_diver
Matt,

Giving advice is kind of like having sex.....

You can be thoughtful, gentle and kind and have the person on the receiving end (and thus you) enjoy the experience...

or you can forcefully attempt to impose your will on others and have them never want to be on the receiving end of what you're giving them again.

-LD
LD you are exactly right. Matt, you need to take some lessons from Yooper on posting your opinions. It's no secret that Yooper is a huge Apeks fan and he lets everyone know it but he doesn't "force feed" it to everyone like you do. You make it sound like you're saying "If it ain't SP it's crap" and that is wrong. I use Apeks myself but you won't find me saying that nothing else is good except Apeks.
Oh...and another thing...how come it's usually always die hard SP guys that are so forceful with opinions. I've seen it many other times on other sites too and it's a real turn off to listen to.

Wow its funny how everyone has oppinions. Diving is very oppinionated, and everyone thinks they have the Best gear.

Unless you have actully dove everything out there its hard to know what the Best gear is. This is what I do, its my job.

I would like to see howmany of you apex, dacor, usd, and everyother brand of discussion have actually dove the new Scubapro line of regulators or is your knowledge based on 5 year old tropical scubapro regulators that had a few minor problems adapting to coldwater?

Warren: Instead of mouthing off about me, I'm serious, go and try a bunch of different gear.

Those that are sarcastic and are "humbled" by my presence. Haven't you ever thought that maybe the reason I feel so strongly about certain things is because I do actually try to dive new products, and better my understanding, and offer my students and collegues better information?

It really is funny that dive gear can be so trendy. I find it very unique. And I'm sorry but this is the first time that I've ever actually cared enough to see what other people think about diving.

I am not the be all end all of diving, and obviously aren't even in the same league as "G.I." but you know what?

These are the guys who I do trust oppinions on because they are the BEST!

John Reekie (poseidon and diverite)
Gary Gentile (poseidon)
Jim Bowden (scubapro)
Brett Gilliam (scubapro/uwatec)
Tom Mount (poseidon, diverite)
Steve Lewis (scubapro)
Chester Morrison (Poseidon/Sherwood Ulitma)

These are the who's who that I know of in diving. They (most) are the original pioneers of technical diving and if the gear they've used over the years was good enough for them it should be good enough for you because they would only use BEST. They've got more respect in the industry than G.I. and I trust them all because (though I've never met G.I.) they are very genuine people and aren't arrogant, or stuckup like a lot of the newer generation of technical diving pioneers are.

I've spent a lot of time speaking with many of these guys about gear, and have dove witha couple of them, and they've opened my eyes up to a lot of different ideas about diving.

I don't mean to piss anyone off but for people to get in my face verbally I have nothing better to do than be a bigger pain because you need to see where I'm coming from.

My words may have been a little harsh, but I don't know how else to convey my thoughts.

Cheers,

Matt
:p

Fair enough. I certainly am not discounting your experience or knowledge...you have me beat by a long way and I don't think anyone else really is either it's just your bragging tone that offends some people. I've dove a SP D400 and it breathed awesome, as good or better than my TX50, but I chose Apeks because of the sealed diaphram first stage which I was told by many people to be better for the silty waters of MN. You know...we don't get too many flame wars on ScubaBoard. It's been awhile I think :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom