ScubaPro vs. everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all due respect, GI (though arrogant and uncivil) has routinely done dives that none of those guys you mentioned could pull off in their dreams. He has no interest in trying to gain anyone's respect, and he's not a mass salesman like most of those guys. JJ, on the other hand, has not only done what GI has done, but is highly respected since his attitude is a bit more civil. When either of these guys offer recommendations, you can rest assured that they are based on real dives and real experience that no one in this world can compare to. To discount their recommendations is only to show extrodinary amount or arrogance and ignorance.

Between GI and JJ, they have brought about an enormous amount relavent change to INCREASE safety in the technical diving world -- unlike most of those you mentioned who enjoy profitting off unsafe dive practices. I have about as much disrespect for many of those you mentioned as I can have for someone. Some of them either have or currently hold a bunch of irrelevant, hot dog records that have about as worth as my PADI AOW cert card I have in my closet.

As you said, everyone has opinions, and they should be free to express them here. I can assure you that a highly biased and forceful approach is generally a red flag. It doesn't do much to address your own ego either. GI seems to make that approach work for him with some people, but only because he actually has something relavent to say once in while based on an enormous amount of real experience and knowledge that no one else has. Some people don't like it, and I don't blame them. I think you may have something to offer to this board (even if it's opposing views), but if you really wish to heard and accepted, then maybe you should rethink your approach.

Take care, :)

Mike

PS. You say those guys you mentioned are "the best". What are they really the best at doing? All I can think of is salesmanship. :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by Matt
My words may have been a little harsh, but I don't know how else to convey my thoughts.
Matt

You have a lot to learn Matt...
IF you can learn "that" you will at least be on the right road...
ScubaBoard is fun...
It is not Techdiver...
It is not rec.scuba...
Or any of the other mud wrestling matches...
Why not start over...
By reading Scuba Board's past posts...
And learn "who" we are...
It will help you when you post...
To know how to convey your thoughts...
So we will listen!

Matt sells ScubaPro, loves ScubaPro, claims they're the best.

Matt endorses Gilliam and Mount.. and *shudder* Reekie.

Gilliam and Mount, while pioneers and better divers than me, are also retards in their own right.

Put them all together --- and we discover that Matt loves ScubaPro regs because they breath easier on those deep air dives!

:D

- Warren

FWIW Rocky and I both have Scubapro regs and love them. We both have MK-20 firsts. I have the G-250 second, while she has the G-500 which reduces jaw fatigue since it's so light. After annual service once, her MK-20 whistled. The spring was reversed and no more whistle. Otherwise no problems with about 100 dives on mine and about 65 on hers. Moxie

moxie,

No one's saying ScubaPro is bad at all -- I have an MK16/S550 that has been great, too! It's just that many people in technical circles agree that Apeks is just a bit better, for a number of reasons. I don't think anyone's gonna close the gates on you because you brought a ScubaPro instead of an Apeks though. They're both high-quality, well-performing regs with good service and track records.

- Warren

I forgot the most obvious reason that your S550 is most likely freeflowing.

Did they teach you how to use the VIVA??????

If you leave the viva open it will free flow. If you back the viva off it won't freeflow.

Just a thought that I overlooked in my original shock that you were having problems.

Try that and if it doesn't perform flawless than I don't know what else to tell you. This is all that it can be.

Enjoy it,

Matt
:mean:

Warren,

You're absolutely right. If I was making a 260' mix dive in Superior and I managed to run over my Apeks with my truck and someone had a SP 600, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. SP makes good, solid regs, but I like my Apeks and I like the recommendations it gets from key extreme divers in the community.

To each his own.

Mike

Matt,

Well, since I don't have 800 pool dives and don't have more time underwater than a whole hatchery full of fish, like you.... I must not know how to use the VIVA. :rolleyes:

C'mon dude. My reg was bench tested when I bought it. It just happens it's a little hot, and needs to be retuned. I already said that I didn't consider it a "ScubaPro problem," I consider it a tuning problem. It isn't a big deal. Let it go. Deep breaths. I still like my ScubaPro.

- Warren

Back
Top Bottom