ScubaPro's new "D.I.R." system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plus you ought to see sp's kludge of a sidemount - whoever invented it had only a vague idea how someone dives sidemount, having never done it themselves or indeed seen it done.

i know sidemount 'isn't dir', but it's just another case of bandwagon leaping before they looked.

I guess I'm missing it, how is it not compliant?

"Long hose" isn't supposed to refer to your wing inflator ... and if that knob on the pull dump was any bigger you could sell advertising space on it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

"Long hose" isn't supposed to refer to your wing inflator ... and if that knob on the pull dump was any bigger you could sell advertising space on it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Halcyon has knobs on their pull dumps too. Something to do with legal reasons in other countries.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Didn't catch the "long hose", but did see the knob. Wasn't there a time when any kind of dump knob was not "DIR". The Halcyon rig has a knob. Comparing the pictures of the Scubapro rig and the Halcyon Evolve, Other than the length of hose and the difference in knob sizes I really don't see a great deal of difference, well, Halcyon does have a lovely froufrou pad next to the plate. Is that "DIR"? You're struggling here.

The US Scubapro website doesn't carry this rig, at least not that I saw when I glanced at it this morning. But I figured that at the very least everyone would be happy to see bp/w on the market.

Attachments

• ImageGen.png
    ImageGen.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 10-evolve-System_c400.jpg
    10-evolve-System_c400.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 109
Halcyon has knobs on their pull dumps too. Something to do with legal reasons in other countries.

But a Halcyon knob is half the size of that monstrosity, so while they are required to have one it doesn't have to be visible from the International Space Station.

Looking on to the variants of that platform and you see lots of stuff:

More dumps than needed, multiple inflator hoses, breakable quick-attach clips on the harness, Bungees O' Death, more D-Rings than needed, wrong D-Rings on the chest straps, etc etc etc.

Gideon would have had a fit if I showed up to Fundies with that, and I don't think Gid has ever freaked out on anybody in his life. Ever.

Peace,
Greg

But a Halcyon knob is half the size of that monstrosity, so while they are required to have one it doesn't have to be visible from the International Space Station.

Looking on to the variants of that platform and you see lots of stuff:

More dumps than needed, multiple inflator hoses, breakable quick-attach clips on the harness, Bungees O' Death, more D-Rings than needed, wrong D-Rings on the chest straps, etc etc etc.

Gideon would have had a fit if I showed up to Fundies with that, and I don't think Gid has ever freaked out on anybody in his life. Ever.

Peace,
Greg
I was actually wondering if Halcyon made that wing and sold it to them. Since H orders dump valves overseas, I could see them leaving that part out for foreign market to avoid shipping it 2x internationally, figuring scuba pro could add it overseas. Would make sense since SP makes H regs.

Edit, just the DIR one, obviously not the others.

I was actually wondering if Halcyon made that wing and sold it to them. Since H orders dump valves overseas, I could see them leaving that part out for foreign market to avoid shipping it 2x internationally, figuring scuba pro could add it overseas. Would make sense since SP makes H regs.

Edit, just the DIR one, obviously not the others.

Judging by the looks of their wings, I could guarantee you that Brand H had very little if anything to do with those wings.

Peace,
Greg

The one on my DSS singles wing isn't much smaller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom