Seaskin neck seal and boots drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the process or placing my order should I get the orust or the quick neck, both are from silfex.

Also should I get integrated boots or I should sticks to neoprene socks for the drysuit?

Reports are the orust is good if you're smaller in stature, as it's more flexible if the harness straps start encroaching. I prefer neoprene socks, but there are proponents on both sides of that topic. I think socks are probably a bit more forgiving size-wise, but boots work great IF they are a good fit. (Socks can be turned inside out to dry.)

Reactions: Zef
Reports are the orust is good if you're smaller in stature, as it's more flexible if the harness straps start encroaching. I prefer neoprene socks, but there are proponents on both sides of that topic. I think socks are probably a bit more forgiving size-wise, but boots work great IF they are a good fit. (Socks can be turned inside out to dry.)

Playing it safe is to go with the quick neck?

What's your height/weight? Hopefully someone similar will chime in.

I have the 1st generation si-tech neck ring system in my drysuit the Neck-Tite. My wife has teh Quick Neck installed in her suit and she likes it a lot. I have not had any problems with mine but I like the increased flexibility that the Quick Neck offers and if I needed a new drysuit I would not hesitate to add a Quick Neck ring system.

For us, the increased flexibility of the O-rust is not worth the hassle of needing to maintain a stash of proprietary clips to hold the system together. Thats not to say its a bad system, I just like the way the Neck-Tite and Quick Neck are engineered to not have little pieces that can break, dislodge, or otherwise get lost.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom