Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would consider building enough muscle (or losing enough weight) to substantially change suit fit a big enough accomplishment to justify the cost of having the suit altered. Get the suit that fits you now, and when/if you need it changed get it modified.
Yeah, itā€™s been a tough decision. I found a used Waterproof D7X Nylotech in my size, but it would cost me about the same amount as a Seaskin with all the bells and whistles. The benefit is that there is no wait, and I have some room to fluctuate in body shape and mass, the downside is that its not a new Seaskin.

Ok, I have been searching everywhere for this answer. I ordered the seaskin with the si-tech oval ring system with silicone wrist seals. If I wanted to try out latex wrist seals, is this possible. The si-tech website says it is compatible with both, but when I search for their latex wrist seals they say for glued in. Thanks in advance. Totally new to dry diving.

Ok, I have been searching everywhere for this answer. I ordered the seaskin with the si-tech oval ring system with silicone wrist seals. If I wanted to try out latex wrist seals, is this possible. The si-tech website says it is compatible with both, but when I search for their latex wrist seals they say for glued in. Thanks in advance. Totally new to dry diving.
The short answer is yes. You can use latex seals with the Si-Tech oval rings. You'll install latex seals the same way as you would silicone seals, but you won't have a handy-dandy ridge on the seal that will fit nicely into the ring system's grooves and hold the seal in place.

That being said, I don't see the point of using latex when you can use silicone. I've used both, and I find silicone seals to be far superior in every respect. YMMV.

That being said, I don't see the point of using latex when you can use silicone. I've used both, and I find silicone seals to be far superior in every respect. YMMV.

Even if we agree silicone is superior, a couple of scenarios where being able to use a latex seal in your Si-Tech Oval cuffs may prove beneficial:

1. You're on a trip and silicone seal tore and you have no spare (I know shame on you for not having a spare). Local shop has latex cuffs but not silicone...problem solved.

2. You'd like to get a glove system (say Rolock 90) but want to run no seal so that you have arguably better equalization and warm air to the hands (I know, potentially debatable benefits). A trimmed latex seal for the cuff side connection would cost much less than using a silicone in the same scenario.

By the way, drysuitspareparts.com has Rolock 90 kits in stock if anyone is looking (just saying).

Thanks for the responses, I was thinking of trying both types for the seal to see which one I preferred. Can you use just any latex wrist seal for the si-tech?

Thanks for the responses, I was thinking of trying both types for the seal to see which one I preferred. Can you use just any latex wrist seal for the si-tech?
Well, not just "any", but yes the same latex seals that go in a quick cuff can also work with glue-in. These are the wrist seals Sitech makes that work with QCS Oval, but I think they are just their standard "bottle" shaped latex seals and work for both applications:
1711732473591.png

Well I was 338lbs and my suit fit good. I lost some weight. Iā€™m now 295 and it still fits good. Iā€™m a big guy, and old. But I love the gym and lifting heavy weights, so depending how I train and eat it will fluctuate. It might be different for people who are much lighter than me.

I received my suit today and have some questions that are answered differently throughout this thread.

1. Plastic dry zip, how to lube, what to use and where to put it. Sounds like just the docking end.

2. How to store? Should the dry zip be fully closed, open or partial?

Thanks!

I received my suit today and have some questions that are answered differently throughout this thread.

1. Plastic dry zip, how to lube, what to use and where to put it. Sounds like just the docking end.

2. How to store? Should the dry zip be fully closed, open or partial?

Thanks!
I only lightly lube with silicone on the docking end and I donā€™t do it very often. I store and transport with the zip closed just short of docking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom