Question Semi Dry wetsuit recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had one ripped glove, so not often as you asked.

My point is valid and you just reinforced it. Gloves leak are a thing. Better just the glove because you have wrist seals then a fully flooded suit.

Attachments

• icedivingmd.jpg
    icedivingmd.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 40
I don't like dry suits for a lot of reasons, that's my personal opinion. I use high power heated wetsuits, of my own design, but I can suggest to you to look at PATCO wet suit heater. Tony the owner dives a semidry with heat even in water that has ice floating on top. Patco Inc sells aqua lites (aqua lights), wetsuit and drysuit heaters, underwater lights, spearguns, spearfishing accessories and scuba diving equipment
The price list on the site is from 2013. If I'm reading it right it is more expensive than the new V3 for a comparable system...

If you mean V3 as in venture heat, that is toy comparing to PATCO. Like Tesla vs an electric car from the 80's. Really not the same. The V3 will barely heat you up in a wet suit, really just barely as to not even be worth a penny because it's almost useless, but it looks cool lol. The V3 is not a comparable system. Yeah 2013 old is gold.

If you mean V3 as in venture heat, that is toy comparing to PATCO. Like Tesla vs an electric car from the 80's. Really not the same.
Yet according to their website, they are using led acid batteries for power. Sounds pretty high tech.

OK
I will add the SiTech / Kubo Docking System to the list.

Do ovals, don’t do reinforcements
The SiTech ovals are on the list. Does the mean I can't have the docking system also?

If you have the money the Kubi system is indestructible as far as I can tell. The SiTech ovals are very well made and a top notch product as well. Read up on the differences, Kubi is about $150 more once you get the glove side

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom