Seven foot hose for single cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like having a 7 foot hose on my single setup not only for ease of air sharing but also consistency in my gear configurations (between single and doubles.) The only "problem" I've ever had would be uninformed divers questioning my setup on charters. But in the end they see the light!

Mine doesn't have to be bungied. It routes very nicely and smoothly down my right, under my can light, across my chest, around the back of my neck and into my mouth.

Same. Just as easy to donate, and causes no problems stowing safely. 'course, that is just the way I was taught, but it sure works well for me.

OK. Why would you need a 7' hose rather than one at any other length for open water?

A). It fits me just fine

B). Kelp. (I switched to the long hose configuration immediately after having to do an air share for real in the midst of a very thick kelp bed. I had zero options but to bring the OOA diver straight up L-O-N-G kelp crawl to the boat followed.)

C). Virtual overheads due to boat traffic.

D). Rough surface conditions.

You won't be doing single-file air shares in a single tank rig but why mess around with a scheme that works.
Think scootering! I often dive a single tank since we can have difficult entries and exits.

7' hose all the time for me, but I pretty much always have a can light.

But why 7 foot and not 8 foot or 10 foot?

If you try 8' or 10' and find that advantageous, and can then get others to adopt your new standards, you will have started your own system.

Until you try something you don't always know how it will work. Tho jumping off a 30 ' bridge with a 31' bungie.......:shakehead: somethings you just know won't work out well. :wink:

dude, you stuff it into a bungee on the tank. duh...

No need to be insulting. There are differing ideas and gear styles. What works for you works. Others may have different ideas, and if it works for them....

If I stayed with what I was trained on it would be one reg, a J valve, and: OOA, we'd buddy breathe. I am willing to try new ideas as they appear, as long as they make sense.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom