sexy scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We bought the largest Akona mesh bag for a few reasons:

1) We planned on filling them with our own gear
2) Its what our LDS recommened
3) Its what our instructors use (I see that as a big endorsement)

and most importantly of all:

4) I HAVE to have the cool FROG stuff!!! I AM the FROG QUEEN!! LOL

But since there is two of us dragging our gear around...we put the bags into one large Rubbermaid box on wheels.

My question is: Is it permittable to take the box on the boat or just our bags?

Laurel:eek:ut:

I see that you learned the lesson about how to get people to respond to your posts! (I saw your original greeting message and the more successful followup message)

You know that you increased everyone's (well almost everyone's) air consumption rate there for a few minutes.

Wristshot

Wristshot once bubbled...
I see that you learned the lesson about how to get people to respond to your posts! (I saw your original greeting message and the more successful followup message)

Yes but the question is, how many times does she get to cry wolf?

wapyaly once bubbled...

James you are a naughty boy.........

Nah, just trying to keep this thread on topic since someone hijacked it with questions about dive bags :wink:.

That is - if she's the one wearing shades in the Profile photo??

drbill once bubbled...
I, too, was intentionally misled by wapyaly's post. Shameless! I thought such deception was limited in practice to the USA. I expected something about new wetsuits that were transparent and revealed all the details underneath.

Dr. Bill

I pack most of my gear in my Akona bag with two fin pockets (so I can carry my strap-ons and my slip-ons both), wheels, and back carrying straps - at least to airline weight limits. The rest I stick in my cheap duffle with a few clothes and a smaller duffle with shoulder straps.

For boat boarding, I'll wear as much as I can, and carry my octo-reg, mask, etc. in the smaller bag, so I won't take much room on the boat. They're often so full of gear.

And I'll also throw in a medium large mesh bag for easy rinsing. Many would rather have a larger mesh with straps as the one boat bag, but I like more protection.

However, back to her statment of " Only have fins, mask, snorkel and boots at the moments. I hope to get a wetsuit soon." I'd get the "smaller duffle with straps" for now, then use it later with the bigger bag and the mesh, as I explained above.

On the other hand, responding to the Brat's: "But since there is two of us dragging our gear around...we put the bags into one large Rubbermaid box on wheels. My question is: Is it permittable to take the box on the boat or just our bags?"

If you own the boat, take what you want. (Gawd, I can just imagine the whelled box rolling around in rough seas!) If you're sharing space with other paying divers, though, take what will take the least room on the boat.

My two pesos worth, anyway... D-Don

wapyaly,

What are you looking at using the bag for? Boat diving? Shore diving? Air travel?

1. Boat diving - if it fits on the boat, and is permitted, I take a large Rubbermaid tub. Often fits under the bench out of the way, easy to put everything in, lid to stop stuff blowing off the back of the boat while in transit, modular and you can fit two into the trunk/boot of many cars. Keeps car dry. Otherwise, cheap mesh bag.

2. Shore diving - definitely Rubbermaid tub. No questions.

3. Airline travel - ordinary suitcase or duffle. DO NOT attract attention to your dive gear with a bag that has scuba logos on the side - it screams "steal me, expensive equipment inside!" at baggage claim.

hope that helps

They seem to be really hard to get, but I finaly got hold of a Deep Outdoors Submariner duffel.

It holds everything I need for a tech dive and then some...

7mm wetsuit/gloves/boots/hood
4 regulators (2 primary / 2 deco)
spacefrog fins, wings/BC-harness
2 reels, light, backup light, knife, etc...

And it's not packed tight at that point. It's got a middle strap to squeeze if needed.

It even has a "dry" pocket at one end (I keep scuba tools etc that I don't want rusting too fast) and rollerblade wheels at the other so it's easy to drag around.

It can end up a bit heavy fully loaded but it's got lots of heavy duty handles & straps and stuff.

I took off the "backpack" shoulder straps as I don't use them (maybe I'll want em for some reason someday...)

I've used it on several non-diving trips as well just cause I like the bag (once to haul several parts of my livingroom component sterio).

Ah but wapyaly I don't buy into that deceptive advertising from shaving cream companies... my women prefer a little roughness to my cheeks, although they sure look strange with all those scratch marks all over theirs!

Will be happy to dive with you as soon as you get your new wetsuit!

By the way- any marine biologist that doesn't have a well-developed interest in sex and food just isn't a real biologist! What's for dinner?

Dr. Bill

it is me in the shades on the photo, not the male, thats Justin Wilson F1 racing driver for Jaguar!

drbill once bubbled...
Ah but wapyaly I don't buy into that deceptive advertising from shaving cream companies... my women prefer a little roughness to my cheeks, although they sure look strange with all those scratch marks all over theirs!

Will be happy to dive with you as soon as you get your new wetsuit!

By the way- any marine biologist that doesn't have a well-developed interest in sex and food just isn't a real biologist! What's for dinner?

Dr. Bill

HUMBLE PIE I THINK!!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom