Shark diving in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technobro....

i do not understand where you are talking about? i am a new user to this forum and do not understand....
what technobro means is this:

go to the main PPD forum - basically click on "back" on your browser (that's the program on your computer that you are currently using to view this thread)

towards the top of the list of topics there is a series of titles that are "stickied" w/c means that they will remain on the top whether or not there are new replies on them...

search for the one that says "mapping PI dive sites on google maps" ("PI" is short for "Philippine Islands" w/c is a common shortcut for the Philippines here on scubaboard)...

in that thread will be a bunch of pictures of different dive destinations (islands and towns) and you will also see flags showing different divesites (places to dive)...

on some of the maps you will find indicators for airports, major attractions (such as bars, banks and/or restaurants) as well as ferry and/or bus terminals...

short of plotting out where the fish and corals are (we did not do that any more) it will tell you a great deal about what is available in any given major dive location in the Philippines...

no, it won't tell you where sharks, mantas, whales or clownfish may be found...

but it should give you a good place to start...

after which you can use google to find better or more specific information (that's accessible by typing "www.google.com" on the box at the top of the browser)

in other words start by clicking http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...204778-mapping-pi-dive-sites-google-maps.html <--- THIS

you use the left mouse button for that... the mouse is the oblong thingee with a cord that moves the arrow thingee on the screen...

Jag

He is so TECHNICAL!!! ^LOOK UP^

For HAMMERHEADS there is really only one place to go......------> Maniguin Island (its nickname is HAMMERHEAD ISLAND)
I have a picture somewhere that buddies took, looking up from 18 meters, while hundreds of hammerheads passed overhead.

how often are sightings there babyD? and when was the last sighting? it only takes one illegal poacher to wipe out the entire school.

For HAMMERHEADS there is really only one place to go......------> Maniguin Island (its nickname is HAMMERHEAD ISLAND)
I have a picture somewhere that buddies took, looking up from 18 meters, while hundreds of hammerheads passed overhead.

Whereabouts is this place? Sounds interesting !

thanks.........shugar

Just a quick update, a few people wanted to see my photos of my trip to the Philippines in March 2009. Well I have over 1000 pictures of various things up on the Internet now. Here is the link, Picasa Web Albums - Rick

I went scuba diving in Sabang, Whale shark snorkling in Donsol and scuba diving in Davao.

I want to say I had a wonderful time and the Philippine people are wonderful, in my opinion, the Philippines is a great country. I am planning on returning to the Philippines in 2010.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom