Sherwood Trek BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a Sherwood Trek BC or a Zeagle Concept BC. Can anyone tell me how either one performs? Ultimatly I want a Zeagle Ranger but I think its a tad out of my price range. Thanks
Aaron

While the Concept is a great BC and would be a welcome addition to most anyone's bag of goodies, if it isn't what you want, then save the extra $100 or so and get what you want from the start. If you don't, you'll regret it later and end up unsatisfied with what you got. I have dove a Concept several times and own a Ranger, and the differences are subtle but substantial enough in my view to warrant the extra $.

Warhammer,

How does the Ranger compare with the SeaQuest Pro QD? I relize the two styles are very different. The instructor that I took my open water course has a SeaQuest Pro QD and loves it. I have the vest style BCD right now and feel like I have some trouble staying horizontal in the water. I'm like 10-15 degrees upright, but I don't have troubles hovering 6 inches off the ground.

Aaron

That's sorta like comparing apples to oranges. The Seaquest Pro QD is a vest style BC and the Ranger is back-floatation. The Seaquest Balance is more comparable to the Ranger. It really comes down to personal choice as whether to go back or vest.

Your trim problem can be corrected by adding trim weights in the right places, or adjusting the tanks position in the BC strap and etc. However Zeagle does claim their BCs place the diver in the “proper” position. But my views are that can be accomplished with any BC that fits, back, vest, or otherwise.

Warhammer,

What do you think of the Sherwood Trek? Is this a decent BCD? I can't find a review on it anywhere online. I tried looking at Rodale's for a review but no luck.
Aaron

My experience with Sherwood is limited to just a few dives in their Accord BC a few years ago. So I have no idea about the Trek. But I liked the Accord. Their BCs have always gotten real good reviews in the past. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Sherwood has Small, Med, Large, and X-Large....

Zeagle has the same sizing, but shoulder and waist are sized seperately and put together to give you a better fit.... for example, I wear a Med Shoulder / Large Waist. I have a Zeagle Tech BC and absolutly love it... I had a pocket sewn on the right side so its kinda like a Ranger. Plus Zeagle guarantees their BCs for life... you can drag em home by a rope and their customer service won't blink at repairing / replacing. Get your goal BC now... see if the shop will do layaway for you.

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom