Shore dive... Where do you leave your wallet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could also get a small watertight bag and put it in your BC pocket. If your unsure about keeping it dry, try "double-bagging" it. I would also tether it (my BC has a tethering clasp inside the pocket), just in case you forget and leave the pocket open - it wont float out unnoticed.

-----

Mike.

Tell me where and when you are diving.

I'll be there and guard it for you. :wink:

I usually just leave everything in my apartment.

If I didn't live on the beach... I guess I would leave my wallet in my car, and clip the keys (if you don't have an electronic key fob) to a d-ring or something similar.

If you do have one of those electronic keys, then uless you have a dry-suit, you'll have to do the old hide a key somewhere on the car.

JRScuba:
Tell me where and when you are diving.

I'll be there and guard it for you. :wink:
That's what the last guy said ... problem was, he wasnt there when I resurfaced! :rofl3:

-----

Mike.

wallet in the car and keys in my pockets when I dive dry. I can even unlock my car with the electronic device without unzipping my suit :D

Well, interesting answers.

I don't think I want to leave anything in the car (in case they steal it). And my car keys can't come with me (I don't want to ruin the electronic keyless entry by getting it wet).

:)

howarde:
<snip>If you do have one of those electronic keys, then uless you have a dry-suit, you'll have to do the old hide a key somewhere on the car.
You can have a copy of the key portion made at a good locksmith, of get a copy from the car dealer.

Of course it doesn't have the electronics, so, it won't start the car, but it will open the door lock.

With our Touareg, we'll put the real keys inside, use the electric locks for all the doors, then, use the "dive key" to lock the driver's door. When we return and use the "dive key" to open the drivers' door, we have 30 seconds to find the electronic keys and push the unlock button so the alarm doesn't sound.

At $180+ I'm not willing to risk the electronic key to a dry bag. And there's always someone looking when I try to stash a hide-a-key....

All the best, James

Vacation spots that have shore diving, like Bonaire, strongly advise you against leaving anything in your car.

Back
Top Bottom