Shore dive... Where do you leave your wallet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midnight Star:
That's what the last guy said ... problem was, he wasnt there when I resurfaced! :rofl3:

<hr>

Mike.

I know!!!:wink: Oh by the way Thanks:wink: Had a great time.

We will have to do it again. LOL

greg454:
Why is that sambolino44? I mean, have you heard of stuff being stolen on a boat dive?
No, but then I've also never heard of a car being broken into at the place where I do most of my shore dives. Worrying doesn't have that much to do with reality; it's just a feeling.

I really do need to get some king of waterproof carrier for my valuables, though. When you're travelling, staying in cheap hotels or camping, and really, really, really don't want to lose your passport, Visa card, and return ticket, the only way that I can relax is to carry them with me at all times.

It's not so much how likely it is that the stuff would get stolen as how bad it would be if it does.

I hide mine in my truck if there is no one on shore I know.My truck has a keyless entry,so I dont have to worry about keeping something with me to get in to my truck.I have 2 wallets.My everyday wallet and my dive wallet.In my div wallet which is a cheapy,I just carry my Dl and a little bit of cash.Everything else I leave in my good wallet home.

Bonaire shore diving...no wallet, make a copy of your DL before you leave the states and carry it with you. Most other valuables are locked up in room safes. Try this one... for $ and credit cards take a tiny zip lock bag with those zippy things on the top, put some cash and a credit card in them. zip it up almost all the way, then suck some air out. put in bc where you know it will be safe. It has worked for me. As far as our keys, we put them under a large piece of coral by the truck. No problems in the last 15 years....

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom