shore diving, any tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r&wc

Contributor
Reaction score
i have limited experience shore diving which is silly since i live in ft luaderdale, if im not jumping off a boat i should walking in from the beach but none the less i have only a few beach dives under my belt, usually we just get up first thing drive to the beach and get wet. am i missing something as far as things like checking for tides and so on cuz the times ive been weve been the only people there first thing and other divers are showing up as we are packing up to leave. am i just to much of an early bird or do those divers showing up after me know something i dont?

im planing on trying vista park off of oakland park this weekend, if anyone has any info to share on this site it would be appreciated

do those divers showing up after me know something i dont?

Actually, I think that those showing up at the beach early are the ones who've got something up on those that sleep late! They get out in the water first before everything worth seeing gets chased away by hordes of divers!

Hi! Check on the Florida Conch forum. There are alot of divers who shore dive and there are lots of meets and greets going on all the time. When it comes to shore diving, there is a wealth of information from that forum, especially on the beaches closest to you!

Take care and happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

Back
Top Bottom