Should I wear swimsuit underneath wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might as well go with the black thong. Nobody will see it unless you have an accident. Someone will remove the wetsuit when that happens. It really is hard to give CPR while laughing.:D

Your question is a very valid one and deserves a valid answer..Not nonsense or cute remarks...

Wet suits were introduced in the spring of 1953 or was it 1954?

There was a question at that time in the small diving community about under garmets. Some used them some didn't. There were several reasons for not wearing them,
1) The bathing suits of the 1950s were very full cut and very baggy and were difficult to stuff int the suit. They tended to bag up and create wear points etc.
2) It was thought that it was colder by a factor of several degress with a suit on under the wet suit. However to my limited knowledge no test were ever performed on heat loss.

On dive boats most used the small French cut suits of the era. These were introduced to the US diving community by the late great French explorer and inventor Dimitri Rebikoff in the ealy 1950s. Poor Dimitri has all but been ignored and almost forgotten by the diving world yet he gave us so much.

The limited number of women in the sport at that time, including my wife dove with womens underwear, Bra & panties. I often dove with nothing under the wet suit.

The Speedos were introduced to the US from Australia in about 1965 and became the undergarment of choice for most divers for in water use.

LA County, which was the only certifing organization at that time had a code of wearing for wearing Speedos. The deck teaching uniform for the male and the few female instuctors was red boxer swim trunks over any color speedo. When diving in the pool or ocean in wet suit most reverted to the Speedos only.

Hope this helps..

SDM

I think you should wear a shirt and tie under your wetsuit. :D

I wear a swimsuit, and my boyfriend wears a long speedo swimsuit (looks like bike shorts). I personally think a regular speedo would work fine for guys. Not too sure about going "commando" though :11: There may come a time where you will have to suit up on a boat deck, or on the side of the beach and there are no bathrooms. I highly advise not being naked for that :wink:

Bethjd:
I think you should wear a shirt and tie under your wetsuit. :D

That would be good. Then they might not notice the lack of panties.

Dive naked thing look bigger in the water :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

do what ever is most comfortable for you i find a full swim soot to be to constricting if you know what i mean so i were spandex under neath when i remember it:D :dork2:

Can you put a fly on a wet suit?
This would fix the "pee in the wet suit" problem

:D
ATTACH]39760[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Naked Troll.jpg
    Naked Troll.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 125

Back
Top Bottom