Should I wear swimsuit underneath wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If its an all guy boat, than no problem. You can change without any fuss. If it's a mixed boat than it becomes a pain to change. They do make neoprene dive shorts that make it really easy to get your wetsuit off and on if that is the problem.

When I am shore diving with my wetsuit, I will sometimes go commando.

If I'm on a boat(especially one with no bathroom), or wearing a rental for some reason, I wear speedo shorts:
http://www.speedousa.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/categoryID/b31d2972-b465-4e90-bfc2-a5295e77070d/productID/e89c95d4-8cfe-4620-9cb7-82e76746d09a/

They are very comfortable and I was greatful I did on my last trip.
I went to Maui and on one of the boat dives, I was having a little "attack" and had to go very bad. I ended up doffing my wetsuit and taking a little swim down the drift. :wink: If I had to wear the wetsuit out, it would have been pretty difficult.

Hemlon,

Thank you,

Some one has to tell the story and preserve history and preserve it correctly, so darn much of I think, I believe, I have been told, I guess.....

Read your bio, every thing you do I have are am doing...Life is a banquet, don't starve! SDM

This seems to be a question that pops up every few months, so checking past threads will give you a wide range of ideas on what to wear and where to buy whatever you decide. The threads usually degenerate into a discussion of men's swim fashion.

Keep in mind that changing out of a wetsuit in California without an undergarment of some type is considered indecent exposure which, if convicted of that offense, will get you a place on the web-based sex offender registry, which may be as good a reason as I have ever heard for wearing something.

But when you come right down to it, its a matter of personal choice.

:eek:
Indecent exposure = automatic sex offender registry entry?? Now thats HARSH!
I was considering mentioning that some places enforce severe FINES for being nude on a "non nude beach" but dahmn..

Bethjd:
I think you should wear a shirt and tie under your wetsuit. :D

you asked for it....Here's Bill, my dive buddy for a lot of the week in Little Cayman last month......I shot this pic the last day of our stay--Friday the 13th...(July 13,
IMG_1656008.jpg
2007)--- notice he even had a tie clasp on........lol........

Sure, he is wearing a tie, but is he wearing Panties?

I'll have to admit I do not wear panties under my wetsuit. Of course, I don't wear them any other time either.

I wear a swimsuit under my wetsuit and underwear under my pants (on land). Anything else would be uncivilized.

Back
Top Bottom