Show off your Bp/W rigs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Singles: Old style Halcyon SS plate, Eclipse 30lb wing, and weighted STA (on the left)

Doubles: Halcyon Al plate, /Evolve (40 or 60lb ) wing(s)

Finally a H that has some usage on it lol! The rest look like they came fresh from the shop without a drop of water on them :eyebrow:.
SangP

well maybe is because I'm not DIR at all, but I only give it a good wash every 50 dives or so. First thing I did was to remove the label from the wing and the plate pocket, soon after I had to cut off the webbing holding the inflator hose in order to change it.
Add to that a bunch of dives and it ends up looking like that

They gotta be brand new sometimes. Unless perhaps Big H can make a unit that comes pre-faded for that salty look.:idk:
It looked sparkling new for at least 3 or so years, I have no complaints the materials are of very high quality

That's what Levi's did and it made them a fortune.
can u imagine "distressed wet suits" ??? ...too funny

well maybe is because I'm not DIR at all, but I only give it a good wash every 50 dives or so. First thing I did was to remove the label from the wing and the plate pocket, soon after I had to cut off the webbing holding the inflator hose in order to change it.
Add to that a bunch of dives and it ends up looking like that

Bless you...I too removed the label from my H gear n used it till it turned a bit off color :)

I now have a whole new set of gear to turn brown :eyebrow:!

I wonder how log it would take superfabric to get the worn out look? Dive gear should look dived in not fresh from the factory!

SangP

Last edited:
Dive Rite 30-lbs Venture Wing with Dive Rite SS plate & Transplate harness WITH Atomic SS1. That's how we roll in Cali. You either Dive Rite or you Dive Wrong.

LeakingVentureWings002.jpg

Aprilia racing...I like!!!!

here is mine except i have since changed out the hoses so that my primary is on a 7 foot hose and the octopus hangs on a necklace

Attachments

• IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 941
The K&N Filter also improved my SAC rate too.:dork2:

And the Ohlins dampers increased your stability doing skills?:eyebrow:

I realized that I actually have 3 backplates and wings while reading this thread so I figured I'd share them.

Okay, so this one is a soft plate. It's the latest addition to my collection, a Zeagle Express Tech. I did add the zip touch weight pockets to it and a few d-rings and the angled drop rings to the waist belt but that's about it.

Another fairly new addition. It's my doubles setup. I don't dive doubles too often but it was fairly cheap and I was tired of disassembling and reassembling my singles rig when I do dive doubles so I got this. Pretty standard DR AL plate, basic harness and classic wing. If I dove doubles more often, I'd switch to a Classic 360 wing.

Old reliable. I'm dreading when I finally have to replace the wing because I love the trapezoid shape. Apparently some people bitched about it tacoing a little bit so DR doesn't make this shape anymore. SS plate + Steel tank means that I don't need lead so no weight pockets.

Well i guess its my turn to share my current single cylinder setup. Sorry No Halcyon here....well my spring straps to the jet fins are Halcyon.....damn it... anyways...... Hammerhead Stainless Back plate and Hammer Head heavy STA, Hog harness, OxyCheq Extreme Mach V 30lb wing (VERY DURABLE Wing and the best part is that on the extremes there is no GOLD OXYCHEQ logos down the side.), Dive Rite RG3000 1st and Safe Second stage on 24" Miflex hose, HOG D1 Second Stage (GREAT REG, it smokes my Dive Rite RG3000) on 40" Phantom Hose with Right angle connection ( I don't like the long hose setup Hence the 40 with right angle). HOG Black Face 2" SPG on 24" Phantom High Pressure hose. Simple and very Durable setup that I love so far. :D

4732d0d7.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom