SM Take 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you guys looked into the new Z-System by UTD ? It's very straight forward and diverse in many environments.

It's certainly very interesting and very specific to Side Mount. I guess its a compromise but the Nomad and SMS100 can be reconfigured to BM. If it all works out, I believe the SMS100 will be the gear I use for all my diving.

Dwayne

That doesn't surprise me... :wink:
The world is full of snarky answers that don't help a bit. Oh well.

That doesn't surprise me... :wink:

Not an SMS100 fan, Rob? Will you share your opinion? I made up my mind a while back, so I'd like to see how many points I 'hit'. :popcorn:

Not an SMS100 fan, Rob?
I'm not sure if his comment was directed at the gear or at me. That's why I don't see it as helpful.

Oh, STOP!!! What is all this "taking everything personally" attitude running around? :eek:hbrother:

Heck, I started it by touting Nomad when you and Dwayne talked about your rigs!

C'mon guys, it's no different than any other gear brand :poke:

NetDoc's still smarting from the Gater game last night.

I'm not sure if his comment was directed at the gear or at me. That's why I don't see it as helpful.

Come on, Pete, why would you think that was directed at you?? I've posted my opinions of the Recon/SMS100 (they are essentially the same rig) several times here on SB. It's certainly no secret. My main issue with that rig is the harness and the routing of the shoulder straps. They have a fixed attachment to the harness rather than being adjustable along the waist webbing. This not only causes a comfort issue, at least for me, but also, for those of us that store our back up lights on the shoulder webbing, traps those light between our bodies and the cylinders.

Come on, Pete, why would you think that was directed at you?? I've posted my opinions of the Recon/SMS100 (they are essentially the same rig) several times here on SB. It's certainly no secret. My main issue with that rig is the harness and the routing of the shoulder straps. They have a fixed attachment to the harness rather than being adjustable along the waist webbing. This not only causes a comfort issue, at least for me, but also, for those of us that store our back up lights on the shoulder webbing, traps those light between our bodies and the cylinders.
Thanks for the clarification. I did have an issue with my backup lignts, but I have a problem with reaching ANYTHING on the front of any system I have been in. That's the one benefit of Back Mount that I have found: my waist and chest areas are far more accessible.

This not only causes a comfort issue, at least for me, but also, for those of us that store our back up lights on the shoulder webbing.

Any chance of some photos showing all the mods and equipment placements on your Nomad?

Thanks,
Dwayne

Any chance of some photos showing all the mods and equipment placements on your Nomad?

Thanks,
Dwayne

+1 :thumb:

:( I seem to have more equipment than webbing to affix it to.

Back
Top Bottom