So, I have to ask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
I have to admit that my nails look all sissyfied as of late. You see, I was an Automotive Technician for nigh on to thirty years! I still have all the scars (cars bite) but there is actual skin visible under my nails! My hands are soft again! Now my toenails look a bit frightening for staying WET most of the time, but my fingernails are fairly clean and have to be trimmed on a regular basis! :D

Pics! Pics! Pics! :D

Then, you see, us girls can give you some pointers how how to make the piggies look a bit better. :wink: We can also tell you what the best defunkatizer is, as well as what "your color" is. :)

Glad to hear you have nice nails! That's always a "perk".... ladies like nice, soft hands and clean nails on their man. :wink:

Rod has "workin' man's hands." He DOES have nails, and trims them regularly, but being a truck driver and throwing around cases of beer and kegs all day, they are pretty rough. From time to time, I make him do the "Mary Kay Satin Hands" and it makes a HUGE difference. Wish he would do that every day.

trucker girl:
NetDoc! Cars do bite! They also burn- I have a half-moon shaped scar on my right upper arm from the tailpipe of a Ferrari (we haul cars- and in LA, in July, after the guy drives 10 miles to meet you... those tailpipes are hot!).
My worst scars are burns! Try tuning a V-12 Jag in an hour because the owner just can't wait any longer! :D Almost all I did was imports until I went to work for Goodyear! Then I worked on them all.

erparamedic:
Pics! Pics! Pics! :D
Of what? My scars? My finger nails? My toe nails?

erparamedic:
Then, you see, us girls can give you some pointers how how to make the piggies look a bit better. :wink: We can also tell you what the best defunkatizer is, as well as what "your color" is. :)
Uh, I think I am going for that natural look, excepting of course my hair! :D

erparamedic:
Glad to hear you have nice nails! That's always a "perk".... ladies like nice, soft hands and clean nails on their man. :wink:
I never realized how quickly my thumbnail grew until I got out of the automotive field!

erparamedic:
Rod has "workin' man's hands." He DOES have nails, and trims them regularly, but being a truck driver and throwing around cases of beer and kegs all day, they are pretty rough. From time to time, I make him do the "Mary Kay Satin Hands" and it makes a HUGE difference. Wish he would do that every day.
If I really want soft hands and hair, I go dive the springs. A day in the springs makes my hands and hair softer!

Oh my.... I never realized.... I must confess.... I too am a DORK DIVER. Hmmmm... maybe I should work on a vanity plate for my car.... or at least a bumper sticker.

NetDoc:
I have to admit that my nails look all sissyfied as of late. You see, I was an Automotive Technician for nigh on to thirty years! I still have all the scars (cars bite) but there is actual skin visible under my nails! My hands are soft again! Now my toenails look a bit frightening for staying WET most of the time, but my fingernails are fairly clean and have to be trimmed on a regular basis! :D

I wonder if many mechanics went into IT? I too, was an automotive mechanic for about 12 years and then went into IT and I have been doing that now for around 9 years. Same kind of thought process and I figured cleaner, don't come home smelling like oil and break fluid, and easier on the back! :D

LOL... NetDoc :wink:

Of what? My scars? My finger nails? My toe nails?
Well, take your pic. :)

I never realized how quickly my thumbnail grew until I got out of the automotive field!

It's amazing what happens when you don't use it as a screwdriver anymore. Or pick at that "cap that won't open". Or use it to plug some hose with God only knows what corrosive material flowing thru it! :D (Ummm... these are all guesses... I don't even know how to change a light bulb in my brake light! Nor do I know how to change a tire... I could take an educated guess if I ever needed to... but, so far, the nice good-looking good samaritan has come to my aid the one time it was needed!)

If I really want soft hands and hair, I go dive the springs. A day in the springs makes my hands and hair softer!

I wish we had the luxury of diving whenever we wanted. Diving certainly does make hands, feet, hair etc softer! The water is great for my facial skin too! Of course, I'm talking quarry water... the kind that can look like pea soup! But, hey, it's spring fed. I only wish I knew what the clear FL springs were like! I'm betting that water could really do wonders. :D

zen_man:
I wonder if many mechanics went into IT? I too, was an automotive mechanic for about 12 years and then went into IT and I have been doing that now for around 9 years. Same kind of thought process and I figured cleaner, don't come home smelling like oil and break fluid, and easier on the back! :D

I'll bet it's easier on the wife's/girlfriend's/date's eyes too! :eyebrow: (Now, a good boy only chooses one of those options above!:D)

Rod's job (drives a tractor-trailer and manually delivers beer and kegs) gives him the roughest hands. Some days, I wonder... is he holding my hand with sandpaper, or is it him! He is in the process of a career change. He's made it quite far in a police department process, and I'm praying that he'll make it thru the rest, then into the academy, and become a police officer. Then, I'll just have to pray that he'll make it home from work every day. BUT... he'll have softer hands! :blinking:

zen_man:
You know, the wife finally realized that I wasn't going back to wrenching and we now have light colored carpets. :D Too funny!

NetDoc:
You know, the wife finally realized that I wasn't going back to wrenching and we now have light colored carpets. :D Too funny!
:rofl3::rofl3:

When my wife and I were first dating, I would come home and she would see cuts and blood on my hands. She would freak and grab the Peroxide and insist on cleaning them up. Of course, you get to a point where you just don't notice and I would always say, "Why? It's fine. The grease has seal the cuts great!They're not bleeding anymore." :rofl3:

And grease is a great anti-microbial agent! I never got infected. I would come home so stinking tired and my daughter would rub my hands and count all my "boo-boos". Too bad they have to grow up! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom