So Terrified Of Crotch Strap!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Learn to love your crotch.

Just be the crotch, be the crotch, be the crotch. You're not being the crotch Danny.

I actually went back to a jacket-style after my BP/W yanked my unusually large manlihood so hard and so repeatedly that the women started making comments about my swollen testicles.... Horrible experience....

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

The Dive Rite 1" crotch strap can be, at times, somewhat uncomfortable but the 2" is fine. Keep the whole harness snug (not tight) and you will have no problems. It's when you have a couple of inches of free play that the beans and frank can surprised.

The only problem I have ever seen was when I had to attach a haul rope to the rescue D ring on a buddy's navy harness for him to be hauled 30 feet up the side of a ship to the deck. He was wearing a commercial hard hat and 30 pounds of lead at the time. He said the crotch strap in the navy harness was a bit uncomfortable. So unless you're planning on being hauled 30 feet up the side of a ship by a rescue line I think you'll be OK.

Shocking photo, I just lost my lunch! LOL

You have done it now, the lieyers and guys with crushed marbles are primed to sue but many won't be able to prove they ever had any marbles to begin with. DEMA and PadI will demand it, airbag equipped crotch straps to cushion those sudden underwater stops will soon be all the rage. The DIR gurus will demand black only with full redudnant inflation, the NAUI techies will recommend bungeed crotch bag inflation systems, where will it end? The Diva Dive Supply model will be better engineered than any other and they will have the proof, the Ox2 version will be bullet proof but the Helicon will cost twice as much and they will not honor their warranty any more than they did for their crappy spring straps that broke on dive two.

It ocurrs to me, stick with your fru fru jacket, it may be safer for all of us.

N

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I found mine to be entirely unnecessary. Give it a try without one.

I completely disagree, as many have said here, if properly adjusted you won't even know it's there. The one time I forgot to connect mine I could immediately tell the difference because my BP/W was much less stable than usual, especially on the surface. I fought the crotch strop idea too initially, now I'm very glad I got talked into it.

It has been reported that the 2" crotch strap can cause premature damage to a drysuit and that the 1" strap does not. So if you're a drysuit diver you should consider the narrower strap. I have been diving a BP/W for years with a 1" strap and never have had any discomfort. I have as was mentioned by another post some discomfort in Drysuit inflation. But as the father of several children I can assure you that "manliness" doesn't end in a crotch strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom