So THAT's what a drysuit should be!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I totally agree, if I regularly dove 40 degree waters I wouldn't protesting the dryhood so much!

I shave my head bald (nature has "helped" some with that as well), so a wet head isn't much of an issue for me. :wink:

It's funny, but I'm rather thin on top as well and if it gets wet 30 seconds with a towel and it's as dry as can be. Of course I find that being thin means that my head gets cold quickly when water hits it, I absolutely hate rain drops on my head. There's no padding and you feel the cold quickly.

Probably one other reason I like dryhoods, I just don't like water on my bare noggin.

So when we going diving Senior K? Strut around in our bad-black 450s?

I searched my girlfriend's pantry (thats PANTRY Ken!), for a seal-spec sauce pan, but though she be a fine cook, she lacked the appropriate device. I ended up using a plastic jug and a dash (note skilfully inserted cooking reference) of talc, along with a brand new No11 Exacto (curtesy of my 40 some odd years of scale modeling). Made sure there was no talc on the knife handle and cutting hand as that could have led to either slicing my "new" suit or a critical artery. Wrist seals required a small water bottle (filled with water...amazing stuff...so it wouldnt collapse).

I have not been in the ocean since April 6th.

Since the weather is finally calming down (since April 7 for me! :11: ), I'm thinking of hitting Vets on Thursday evening and giving it it's first taste of water. You should come along, Robert! I wish I had time for a pool test but I'm not sure that's in the cards, given my schedule this week...

CompuDude:
Since the weather is finally calming down (since April 7 for me! :11: ), I'm thinking of hitting Vets on Thursday evening and giving it it's first taste of water. You should come along, Robert! I wish I had time for a pool test but I'm not sure that's in the cards, given my schedule this week...

You mean get my marvelous chic new drysuit SANDY? Perish the thought!!

orangelion03:
You mean get my marvelous chic new drysuit SANDY? Perish the thought!!
If your gear looks too new, we will laugh at you and you will look like a dork. ;P

Congrats on that new 450. I just bought a new CF-200 & the 1st dive in it was a shore dive. I ended up with a med-tall & it fits me like a custom, tailor made suit. I was ordering the 450 when by the time I put the knee pads on it was the same price so I just got the CF. I got zips on the wrist & neck as I just missed a 2nd dive in Feb when I ripped a wrist seal on my old suit. They are pretty easy to cut not being on the suit, also easy to try on & off. I must say I got the same pockets on each leg & you can fit quite a bit in them.
The warm water hood is pretty nice. I also have a Mares Isotherm semi-dry that has a real nice hood, but I think I like the warm water better.

The CF200s are nice suits. It was tough deciding between the various options (350/450/CF200/50-50) but ultimately I wanted tougher than the 350 but lighter and faster-drying than the CF200. The CLX50-50 was seriously considered, but it was quite a bit more $ and ultimately I didn't think it was worth the dough.

CompuDude:
New suit report!

My new drysuit finally came. I am deliriously happy with it, although I have yet to get it wet. :D First, the stats: DUI CLX-450 Select.

CompuDude:
Ok, merriment and jubilation over, time to get back to work. (As if I can concentrate on anything other than planning my next dive right now...)

Sharing your joy here! Thanks! That's how I felt when I got my 450.

Almost as good as buying something myself. Didn't cost me a cent either! :)

By the way, if your feet get cold in the Rockboots, try loosening the laces.... it's a common complaint with a simple cure.

Enjoy!

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom