Some toys I want from scubatoys - your opinion.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Catherine, the BC looks BIG! The reg looks nice, but Titanium is overkill unless you are trying to shave weight in travel.

I like Zeagle, and dive both their BC's, and their regs. I'd say try out a Back Inflate BC before going with a jacket style which I think the BC you listed is a Jacket.

I can strongly recommend the Stiletto especially for travel. I also dive a BP/W, but I do so for cold water diving with a SS plate and STA so I get a lot of weight off my belt when diving dry.

You did not say what you are looking for in a computer other than Suunto.

Larry or Joe can really hook you up, so give them a ring.

Magnetic,

I am relatively new to diving myself, and one of my early purchases was a dive computer. I looked at a number of brands, and really liked Suunto, but wound up getting a VEO 250 from Scubatoys.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_computers_veo250.html

Same features as the Suunto Vyper, cheaper, and Scubatoys will price match (with authorized dealer warranty). Great place to do business with. I've been really happy with my VEO. It also lets you dial in your conservatism. The consensus seems to be that Suunto computers are pretty conservative.

My (admittedly newbie) opinion: Buy a quality reg (Scubapro, Apeks, Atomic, Aqualung, Zeagle, Oceanic all get good marks from folks on Scubaboard). Scubatoys carries Atomic, but can't do internet orders. They have Zeagle and Oceanic. Rent the BC for a while (bulky to travel with anyway). Consider a BP/W...this seems like a good way to go and I'm looking at it for my next purchase. Don't rush it.....make smart purchases....it's OK to rent for a while getting started.

:14: Thanks for all the great info, I think I need to make some time to head over to the dive shop one town over. The dive shop where I did my open water, is prone to price gouging, and thier selection is very limited.

Thanks for the advice, i'll be back when I have a little more to go one.

I own the BC in question ( #134 of 2000 ) and it is not bulky at all.
Mine fits me very well, and when it is on it doesn't feel any bigger than a water ski float jacket.
When it is off, it has a pair of "wings" that wrap around and zip shut around the BC so that the whole thing is smaller than a ladies gym bag.
The BC in question is not actually a jacket, they call it an "armchair" design. When you have it inflated, only a small amount of air is in the sides, so small in fact that it doesn't even impede the very roomy pockets on either side.

Definitely try stuff out and get all the facts! Perrone has a good link to gear and configurations in his signature line. Unfortunately, I was the victim of my LDS and as a noob had no clue! I am switching my gear over to a BP/W because I want to move forward with my diving, and my weight integrated BC holds me back. I did purchase a new 2nd stage for a backup and it breathes better than my expensive TUSA. http://www.salvodiving.com/regulators__gauges You will find alot of great info on the boards here and the best thing is to get with divers and see what works and what doesn't. What I have found in diving is just to give it a K I S S! (Keep It Simple Stupid)
Good luck and Happy Diving!
Carolyn :D

ps. Always look at other LDS's. They are definitely not all alike! High Springs Fl proved that to me! Awesome dive shops! Much better than what I have come across here in Savannah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom