Source for Poseidon equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Northern Illinois and routinely dive shipwrecks in Lake Michigan. I have been using a Dacor 950 first stage and a Poseidon Odin second stage for many years. The two had been working great together until I had the Dacor rebuilt last year. I began to notice a ringing noise similar to breathing a tank at low pressure that begins at around 80 feet and stops at about 110 feet. Other than the noise everything appears to be fine. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? I adjusted the intermediate pressure to 140 lbs., but the noise still occurs and only at the depths mentioned above. The dive shop that rebuilt the Dacor had trouble getting parts and I'm wondering if something might have changed in the rebuild kits? Any ideas?

I have been told by other divers that I really should use a Poseidon 1st stage with the Odin. I didn't do this initially because it is difficult to find someone up here that can tune Poseidon regs. Is there any real advantage over the Dacor? I have had this combination for around 10 years and like I said previously, it has worked great.

seadweller once bubbled...
I live in Northern Illinois and routinely dive shipwrecks in Lake Michigan. I have been using a Dacor 950 first stage and a Poseidon Odin second stage for many years. The two had been working great together until I had the Dacor rebuilt last year. I began to notice a ringing noise similar to breathing a tank at low pressure that begins at around 80 feet and stops at about 110 feet. Other than the noise everything appears to be fine. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? I adjusted the intermediate pressure to 140 lbs., but the noise still occurs and only at the depths mentioned above. The dive shop that rebuilt the Dacor had trouble getting parts and I'm wondering if something might have changed in the rebuild kits? Any ideas?

I have been told by other divers that I really should use a Poseidon 1st stage with the Odin. I didn't do this initially because it is difficult to find someone up here that can tune Poseidon regs. Is there any real advantage over the Dacor? I have had this combination for around 10 years and like I said previously, it has worked great.

Not to come down on your rig.... But that's like putting a Ferrari motor in a Chevett. If you were to use the Odin 1st & 2nd stage....You will NEVER go back to the Dacor.

I found another great shop for parts and service on Poseidon and Odin Parts.
VIKING DIVING
4612-A Bellview Ave.
Pensacola, Fl 32526
1-800-916-3483
Very easy to deal with and they keep a full supply of parts for even the oldest units.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom