Spare Air NITROX?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I woulda thunk it was Photoshop. Right?

Normal kit is good for 40% without being O2 clean. I don't see the point in this - unless somebody is going to fill it with mixes in excess of 40% (which is unlikely) or somebody is going to use partial pressure blending (which is also unlikely).

Using the richest possible mix in a redundant gas source makes sense, particularly if you are close to NDLs or may have to omit a safety stop, but on those sorts of dive, the last thing I'd want as a bail-out is a 'one-breath-from-death'. The effect of going onto a leaner mix is not going to throw your deco plan out by much - when you are one your OBFD, there's only one direction you are going.

---------- Post added August 28th, 2014 at 06:57 PM ----------

I woulda thunk it was Photoshop. Right?

Genuine! Spare Air Models - 300 Standard & Nitrox and Model 170 plus Part and Accessories

'The fella that makes soap wants to sell soap'-----that theory has been around a LONG time.......

I'm wondering about the market for "Spare Air Rebreather".... I may have to do crowd-sourcing on the initial venture capitol, but I promise you, if you send me your money early, I guarantee that you will be on the top of the list for this. Can you afford NOT to take this opportunity?

I'm wondering about the market for "Spare Air Rebreather".... I may have to do crowd-sourcing on the initial venture capitol, but I promise you, if you send me your money early, I guarantee that you will be on the top of the list for this. Can you afford NOT to take this opportunity?

a rebreather is about the only way you can make 3cf of gas count from any reasonable depth... so, not as ridiculous as it sounds?

Coming soon - Spare Air Trimix!

For when you have to BO below 220' and just need a few breaths to make it to the surface! :D

I've beaten you to the patent office! :wink:

00-plastic-bags.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom