Spare Air NITROX?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder how many spareairs are now gathering dust in garages.

I was given a spare air several years ago that had probably suffered the same fate, so I put an overhaul kit in it for $31 and it now sits tucked in out of the way next to my wing in a similar fashion to the Zeagle Ranger setup.

It comes with me on all my regular rec dives in the 50 to 90 ft range and have never had to use it in anger as I service my own gear. Since I also realise that it's not a perfect world, I figure that I would rather be looking at it than looking for it and it at least gets me to my buddies air in comfort should I ever need it.
One of my dive buddies has even seen the merit in this idea and actually purchased one also.

For deeper dives I have a choice of 25 to 40 cu.ft ponies as required but the Spare Air is totally unobtrusive and better off with me than sitting in a garage gathering dust.

Would I buy one............not at those prices and the nitrox one is aimed at certain "market" divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom