Spiegle Grove rumor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do 32% as I don't go over the side and dig in the sand.... I think I hit a max depth of 110'....

Brad, lemme know the specifics on when your down, be happy to meet ya for some wrecks....

-Tim

So what is the depth of the deck now? 100-110? What about the superstructure range of depths?

simbrooks:
So what is the depth of the deck now? 100-110? What about the superstructure range of depths?

Looking at a dive I did back in August...., we were moored up on the port superstructure @ 75'... Did a step down to ~ 83' & another down to ~90'...
Then down over the sea well to 113'

500 PSI:
Scubakevdm I woukld assume the screws are more like 120 feet, now that ithe ship is more upright? Correct?

I think they may be buried, but I'm really not the guy to ask. I can only tell you about the tippy top.

I have some video from the Spiegel Grove from november.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=120704 We had 32% :D

I also heard that the screws are in the sand, but visible, and there's a little gap where a lot of large fish have moved in.

Hey Kev... you should head over to MOF thread... someone's asking about florida diving in Feb... I recommended splash of course.

I dove the Spiegel while she was still laying on her side... We used Nitrox 30%. The max depth (to the sand) was made clear [by the shop] to be @ 130'

even if the boat "shifted" and became upright... the sand is still at 130'..

So the position of the vessel will not change the max depth obtainable. Right?

countryboy:
I dove the Spiegel while she was still laying on her side... We used Nitrox 30%. The max depth (to the sand) was made clear [by the shop] to be @ 130'

Yes the bottom is still in the same place. We only ventured as deep at 100' since there SO MUCH to see there... I didn't really care to look the screws.

countryboy:

It's not uncommon for wrecks to be shifted around by storms. Though a 35' change in depth is a pretty big shift, there's a good bit of current in that neck of the woods, and I supposed it was possible.

Get yourself a double ender exchange whip. Then you can bleed down from any tank on any boat you are on. Adapters for valves will work as usual. I use a three foot double ended whip for tank fills. Works great when you want to go from hot to cold, or vice versa! Then you can always down load if you have to. Most dive boats have one or two spares...Capt. Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom