Spiegle Grove rumor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry guys, I did'nt see the screws, but some divers on the boat told us that they went under them, this was on dec 5, perhaps they were exposed during this time? I'm not sure.

Kevin,

Currents often dig holes in the sand under/beside wrecks. This happened with the Grove. Hurricane Dennis rolled the Grove over into that hole. Did you honestly believe rolling into the hole would make it a substantially shallower dive? I hope the answer is no, I'd hate to have to revise my opinion of your reasoning ability.

Walter:
Kevin,

Currents often dig holes in the sand under/beside wrecks. This happened with the Grove. Hurricane Dennis rolled the Grove over into that hole. Did you honestly believe rolling into the hole would make it a substantially shallower dive? I hope the answer is no, I'd hate to have to revise my opinion of your reasoning ability.

No sir. But still... it did move.

To be honest with you, I didn't really put a whole lot of thought into it. It did occur to me that it was odd, but there's enough stuff that I don't know about that seems odd too, that it kinda blended in. Immediately, my mind moved on to its regularly scheduled topics, such as; Where's my coffee? or, What am I doing... why did I just walk over here? or, What day is this?
I don't know what your opinion of my reasoning ability is, but I can assure you that anything higher than a three or four on a scale of one to ten is being a little too generous. I am nearly reasonless. Mired in my reasonlessness, I often rely upon semantics to entertain myself and the roll definition was just my way of joking around, mostly with myself. I didn't mean to be unreasonable.:wink:

Scubakevdm:
No sir. But still... it did move.

Good. I agree, it did move - a tad.

Scubakevdm:
To be honest with you, I didn't really put a whole lot of thought into it. It did occur to me that it was odd, but there's enough stuff that I don't know about that seems odd too, that it kinda blended in. Immediately, my mind moved on to its regularly scheduled topics, such as; Where's my coffee? or, What am I doing... why did I just walk over here? or, What day is this?

There was your problem. Unfortunately we are all guilty of not thinking things through from time to time when a little thought would have made things much better.

Scubakevdm:
I don't know what your opinion of my reasoning ability is, but I can assure you that anything higher than a three or four on a scale of one to ten is being a little too generous. I am nearly reasonless. Mired in my reasonlessness, I often rely upon semantics to entertain myself and the roll definition was just my way of joking around, mostly with myself. I didn't mean to be unreasonable.:wink:

I know exactly what you were doing with semantics. Since I'm often guilty of the same thing, I can't fault you there.

I have a high opinion of you from your posts on this board. I don't always agree with you, but you can't be right all the time........heck, I've even been known to be wrong - once in a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom