Spiegle Grove rumor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexRodriguez:
Has anyone done this? Other than the card I am not sure I understand the point? It has 2 -2 tank dive trips but only two of them are on the Grove. Seems high to me.

Alex

OD offers a free 2-tank trip on completion of a specialty so if you divide it by three trips it's down to $85. Still a little high, but you are also getting classroom background. I'm sure the academic-oriented divers could research it on their own, but then why does anybody ever take continuing education courses?

Seems oriented to the freespender type who doesn't care to consumer shop.

ReefHound:
OD offers a free 2-tank trip on completion of a specialty so if you divide it by three trips it's down to $85. Still a little high, but you are also getting classroom background. I'm sure the academic-oriented divers could research it on their own, but then why does anybody ever take continuing education courses?

It says 2 trips = $125 a trip. Better be good eduction, but probly just the Padi Deep dive course or their Wreck dive course.

Find a shop that will do your Aow and include the Grove as part of it.

Dectek:
Should all that information be gone over in the SPIEGEL GROVE SPECIALTY DIVER only available at HD?

Cut me a break....getting a specialty course for one wreck? I'll bet if it is an actual PADI Card any instructor could insist that he be able to issue one that looks or states the same.
Any PADI shop can invent any specialty course and submit it for approval. There are golfball retrieval courses, which sound equally frivolous, though I saw the outline for one that included low/no vis diving, chemical hazards of diving around pesticides/fertilizers, etc. Who knows, maybe the SG specialty includes greater insights into deep diving than the silly knot-tying exercise you'd do on an AOW? Probably like anything else, part is what the instructor provides, and part will be someone who for whatever reason just wants a SG Diver "trophy card". :rolleyes: Anyway, the specialty courses can be copyrighted, and at that point, viola, you have your very own exclusive!!!! SG Diver Specialty that no one else has (even though they'd probably be pretty close).

Divesherpa:
It sounds like a tough break. When are you going with 32%? You KNOW that's the standard gas, don't ya?'
Whats to see on the SG below 111 ft anyway?

:06:

StSomewhere:
Whats to see on the SG below 111 ft anyway?

1. A giant jewfish and friends often found under the bow about 132 fsw.
2. Bull and nurse sharks.
3. Penetrating into the cargo/vehicle hold/welldeck is very cool at about 120 fsw. Get all the way to the rear and look back toward the blue water...amazing view. Of course remember that this penetration is not supported by most training agencies :wink: 4. Other big groupers.

ReefHound:

That makes it sound much more reasonable. Still not convinced but certainly not as bad.

Alex

AlexRodriguez:
That makes it sound much more reasonable. Still not convinced but certainly not as bad.

Alex

Oh, I'm not trying to convince anyone. I think it's frivolous.

Scubakevdm:
I think they may be buried, but I'm really not the guy to ask. I can only tell you about the tippy top.

Dove the Groove on the 5th of DEC, a couple of divers had swam UNDER the screws at 145fsw... hope that helps.

vapovick:
Dove the Groove on the 5th of DEC, a couple of divers had swam UNDER the screws at 145fsw... hope that helps.
(1) The screws are almost completely buried in the sand.
(2) Swimming through sand is extremely difficult, if not impossible.
(3) At 145fsw, it's understandable that someone might THINK that they had swam under the screws.

Nitrogen is funny that way! :D

I agree with KeyLargoBrent. I wasn't diving with a shovel on my last trip so I didn't make it UNDER the screws either!!! Maybe trimix 20/40 would have been a good mix for for those divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom