Spiegle Grove rumor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should all that information be gone over in the SPIEGEL GROVE SPECIALTY DIVER only available at HD?

I am going to be staying in Fla City week of 2/26-3/5 and was searching the web for local dive ops that dive the Spiegal and found this.
Cut me a break....getting a specialty course for one wreck? I'll bet if it is an actual PADI Card any instructor could insist that he be able to issue one that looks or states the same.

Dectek:
Cut me a break....getting a specialty course for one wreck? I'll bet if it is an actual PADI Card any instructor could insist that he be able to issue one that looks or states the same.

I ran across this when researching my trip there a few months ago. It's also available at Ocean Divers so the exclusivity claim by HD is bogus.

I figured it was just a novelty card with a special logo, since they mention "distinctive" certification card. You make two trips, probably a dive on the Grove then a shallow reef. Maybe you're able to apply the dives towards a basic Wreck specialty.

Dude,

It sounds like a tough break. When are you going with 32%? You KNOW that's the standard gas, don't ya?

Ear drums don't beat so well with holes in them. Sorry you guys had a bum trip. Maybe you guys can go again in a month or so.

What is it with Scuba Do and private showings? You must have connections :wink:
'

What is it with Scuba Do and private showings? You must have connections
Scuba Do leaves the dock at 7:30am to beat the others out there. :thumb:

We're doing the Duane with them Dec 30, wheather permitting, and the Grove on Dec 31. :D

Why would anyone believe such a rumor? Unless the wreck was moved, or several thousand tons of sand were dumped on it, it's not gonna get shallower.

Walter:
Why would anyone believe such a rumor? Unless the wreck was moved, or several thousand tons of sand were dumped on it, it's not gonna get shallower.

I was thinking that same thing, just was not going to say it. :D

Alex

AlexRodriguez:
Has anyone done this? Other than the card I am not sure I understand the point? It has 2 -2 tank dive trips but only two of them are on the Grove. Seems high to me.

Alex
High and Lame...! Additional training can be better done, I'm sure.

Dectek:
Should all that information be gone over in the SPIEGEL GROVE SPECIALTY DIVER only available at HD?

I am going to be staying in Fla City week of 2/26-3/5 and was searching the web for local dive ops that dive the Spiegal and found this.

I agree, it's ridiculous.

"It's immoral not to separate a sucker from his money."

I saw it on a poster somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom