Sport Chalet....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
SC fills a niche most dedicated dive shops simply don't - namely longer hours and open on Sundays. Try to find an LDS on the westside that's open after 7:00 PM... forget about it. They're the 7-11 of dive shops... not always the best prices, best selection or friendliest folks (although the Marina team has been good to me), but they are local, available until 9:00 on week nights, available on Sundays and have bailed me out of more than one pre-trip emergency by simply being there.

Aside from that, I'll get fills from the Marina store on occasion but that's about it.

K

That, and one can also shop at Victoria's Secret while waiting. :wink:

I have gone to the Point Loma SC and UTC SC here in San Diego. Point Loma gives me short fills (don't go back) but UTC gives me good fills and they are very friendly and helpful. Several LDS's give short fills and I find it a constant agrivation dealing with fills at these 3 other LDS's. One manager says "To fill your tank properly you would have to leave it overnight." I am resigned to getting a short fill from these other places but I have to go to them sometimes. Funny how I find one SC in San Diego better than 3 LDS's. It's really about the people who work at these establishments, not the chain/LDS thing.

kelpmermaid:
That, and one can also shop at Victoria's Secret while waiting. :wink:

Marina store, huh?

That's why I go get the fills for Jaye and I... "no honey, I'll get the can's filled this time..." :wink:

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom