St. Andrew's jetties dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh!!! I forgot you will have to wait till monday I got a virus on my comp. at home and it is down for the moment..

And another thing....The original video was about an hour long ..I'm still learning the video thing...I had to cut out alot of the video...and I added all the transitions and finalized the video before watching it...Doh...The transitions took up alot of the small snipits that were actually useable

Got to say Cade has come up with some great ideas. He built a great tank rack for his truck..

MOST EXCELLENT video my friend. very enjoyable we are going tomorrow morning, hope it is as good then Thanks K

The main part of the housing is 4" PVC with a piece of thick glas glued to the end. Then I took a 4" pvc end cap and cut out the back except for a 1/4" lip for a second seal on the glass. On the other end is a 4" pressure test plug. ( they are built not to leak). I have had it down to 100ft at least with no moisture at all on the inside. The only down side is that uou have to turn it on and off above water. You have to edit the video anyway so its not really a problem. I only have about $15 bucks in the housing. I think thats better than the other option,,,buying a housing$$$$$$$$.

Attachments

• P1000490.jpg
    P1000490.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 62
  • P1000491.jpg
    P1000491.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 70
  • P1000492.jpg
    P1000492.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 61
  • P1000493.jpg
    P1000493.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 73
  • P1000494.jpg
    P1000494.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 74
do you have to add any moisture desacants in the housing to compensate for the humidity associated with the heat from the camera? K

If you seal it up in the A/C, there shouldn't be any humidity. The camera will generate heat, but not moisture.

If you house the camera onsite, outside, I can see humidity being a HUGE problem.

I usually turn it on when I get about waist deep, just before I go under, to save the battery. I dont think that there is enough extra air space for there to be enough moisture to even condensate on the glass. The PVC is a pretty good insulator, it would condense on the glass first, but I have never seen it do that. I have some even better videos from Cypress and Vortex Springs and even in that cold water I didnt have a problem. You could take a silica packet ot two and put in there just for kicks.

Back
Top Bottom