St. Andrew's jetties dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The main part of the housing is 4" PVC with a piece of thick glas glued to the end. Then I took a 4" pvc end cap and cut out the back except for a 1/4" lip for a second seal on the glass. On the other end is a 4" pressure test plug. ( they are built not to leak). I have had it down to 100ft at least with no moisture at all on the inside. The only down side is that uou have to turn it on and off above water. You have to edit the video anyway so its not really a problem. I only have about $15 bucks in the housing. I think thats better than the other option,,,buying a housing$$$$$$$$.

What type of glass did you use and what did you use to cut it perfectly?

Here is the alternative

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Sony MPK-DVF7 Handycam Marine Pack [/FONT]
mpk-dvf7.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Quantity in Basket: None
Code: MPKDVF7
Price: $1,799.95
Manufacturer: Sony
UPC: 027242663015
Man. Part #: MPK-DVF7
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm still relatively new to Gulf diving, but what kind of fish is that when the video gets to 1:36? Is that a scorpionfish?

Thanks.

yes a scorpionfish. the lookdowns in the video are very cool also

For the glass I went to a glass / window repair shop and took in the PVC and he cut it to fit for about $10 bucks. I think it is 1/4" tempered glass

Awesome video. That is one of my favorite beach dives also. :)

For the glass I went to a glass / window repair shop and took in the PVC and he cut it to fit for about $10 bucks. I think it is 1/4" tempered glass

well you did it right. That is what I was wondering if you used tempered glass.

Great video. Very good since you didn't have a view finder. (So it looks with your camera pictures.)

Michael

The main part of the housing is 4" PVC with a piece of thick glas glued to the end. Then I took a 4" pvc end cap and cut out the back except for a 1/4" lip for a second seal on the glass.

Ok so you glued the glass to the PVC pipe first and then cut and glued the cut out end cap over the glass/pipe?

Back
Top Bottom