St. Andrew's jetties dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is really cool man. Confused though!! (no surprise) How do you turn it on when your waist deep? How did you attach the handle and keep that from leaking? You should have never showed your invention now we all are curious. Loved the video and the music especially.

Last edited:
OH well I was gonna try this for my digital camera that takes video, but it won't fit in a 4 inch pipe without filing notches in the side of the pipe that would weaken it to much. And I can't find 5 inch pip at lowe's or ace.:shakehead:

OH well I was gonna try this for my digital camera that takes video, but it won't fit in a 4 inch pipe without filing notches in the side of the pipe that would weaken it to much. And I can't find 5 inch pip at lowe's or ace.:shakehead:

MY dad own's an irrigation company, and we used to make patato guns which shot canteloupe out of PVC spares we found laying around.. We used a 5" pipe, and he gets it from an STI / Toro distributor store in Nashville, but you can buy it at just about any store which taylors to water transport, or underground cabling!

For the handle i used very short screws that wouldnt completely go through the pipe. I open the housing to turn it on in the water...just dont drop it...hence the wrist strap...You could use any size pipe as long as your camera will fit in it. Sorry it took me so long to respond I havent been on SB for a while....Ohhh for the glue I used Marine Goop...it works great!!!

Enjoyed the video and I was amazed at the camera housing the first time I saw it. I bought my housing from Sony, but wish I could make my own housing like you did. Thanks for sharing.
Monica

Back
Top Bottom